Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Bate'o

The Drum

Something not quite right here!!!! Call in the lawyers!!!!

No contract was created between Shareholders!! and Owner!! of the drum but it'l be a good court battle!!!

I think Wobbly Wayne has hit the 'drum' right on the head. My thoughts exactly but I didn't have the courage to voice them in case I was being biased. I note that a few of the more prolific writers on the Forum at the beginning of the season have gone into hibernation now things look rosier for the club. I admire the ones who have said they were wrong when they were so pessimistic and are glad that they were wrong.

I think my criticisms at the time were just - we were in deep trouble.

However, full credit to Andy for turning things round - the team is stronger compared to last season & whilst I'll admit I was wrong in my fears, I am also glad to be wrong!

Next season in the LDV we'll play Gillingham (as I still think they're going to get relegated!)

Quote:
Squawkident said:
why dont we bang on stu m's head,reckon you would get a nicve noise out of it going from the pic. smash.gif spank.gif grin.gif

Heh heh, I really must change that pic if everyone thinks it's me (it's Italian ref Pierluigi Collina, Photoshopped to look like Dracula). I've way more hair than that, which would only cause a dull 'swishing' noise if I was bashed over the head.

I'm up for that..

..I will try and get a few chorus's of Andy Ford's red and white army.

and when we are 6-0 up we can sing "are you morecambe in disguise!"

I know we are all laughing and joking about it, but we did all help to buy the drum. I know I put a fiver in the bucket and then a few quid in the jars at the bar. Would be good to see it at its 'home' encouraging the fleet, because our voices just arent as good at creating big noise.

Up the Drum!!

Up the Fleet!!

Out of curiosity - Charlton fan has whip round for new drum then a few months later is never seen again.....

.....you don't think he's been banged up for obtaining goods by deception?!?!

...I think that N. (part time Drummer Boy/full time undertaker) has had a Charlton season ticket for a while.I do remember towards the end of last season a collection being taken round for "a new drum" when the other one had fallen down the terracing and broke.

Whne I next run in to him I will ask him the position but I am sure whe will be at The Valley this week.

Having said that I have seen the drum with someone else from time to time so perhaps it does get shared a bit.

As Toyah would say ...its a mystery!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
I think my criticisms at the time were just - we were in deep trouble.

However, full credit to Andy for turning things round - the team is stronger compared to last season & whilst I'll admit I was wrong in my fears, I am also glad to be wrong!

Well said FF. About sums it up for me too!

C'mon u reds!!!!!!!!

his names neil i think and whats he doing taking our drum 2 Charlton ,me and my m8s put a few quid in last year maybe it could be kept in the bar i mean whats he going 2 Charlton 4 lol

Quote:
maladroit said:
Well...may I suggest your PA person plays "Distant Drums" by Jim Reeves at half time?

Who remembers that chant from the sevevnties/eighties..

"I hear the sound
of distant bums,
over there, over there.

And do they smell
like f*****g hell!!
over there, over there!"

Oh those heady days of non-seated stadiums come flooding back........