Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I would have taken a point before the game so I can't grumble, but it is disappointing not to get all three obviously. wilko was immense today and I thought owen was playing out of his skin for much of the second half. It was also good to see gledhill getting so passionate about the match,he is really well motivated. Although he looks a bit aggressive at times, particuarly at moussa!!!maybe he should learn french!

Yeah, I noticed in this and the Morecambe game, that Gledhill and Moussa are always arguing!

Agree about Owen, thought he worked his socks off, although midfield was second-best for much of the match. Perkins and Pinnock had off-days, but on the whole good that we can take a point from a game where we were slightly below par.

Anyone know what Moore was booked for after their goal, or was the ref just making it up?

Another good point earned, really well done.

I have had problems logging on to the forum for the last few weeks,and I notice it's changed a bit.

Just to say how great it is to see the boys getting some highly commendable results the last few weeks, I have to hold my hands up and admit I was one of the people who doubted Andys' ability to pull us out of the mire, so I would like to say how pleased I am that he's proved me wrong.

Now lets look forward with some renewed enthusiasm for next season.

Did anybody think being at Barnet has actually done much for Liam's game?

Apart from his new-found professionalism when it comes to falling over, feigning being elbowed in the face, dragging a player back by his shirt.....

.....as for the over-animated pillock on the touch-line - priceless! Chucking his jacket at the wall in a fit of temper, ripping his tie off - pure comedy moments from Martin Allen!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Did anybody think being at Barnet has actually done much for Liam's game?

Apart from his new-found professionalism when it comes to falling over, feigning being elbowed in the face, dragging a player back by his shirt.....

To be fair, FF, I though that while his first half display wasn't brilliant (he was well marshalled by Moore, my MOTM), he caused us a lot of problems in the second half and set up the equaliser.

Given the number of chances Barnet had, they could easily have won the game, but luckily, when they were in good goalscoring positions, they tended to hit their shots straight at Wilko. Having said that, its always satisfying to take something from the game when you haven't played all that well.

while i agree that wilko's performance has improved i just wish sometimes when we are under the cosh he would slow the game down a bit to often yesterday he sent the ball upfield quickly

only for barnett to get the ball and put us under pressure agian at the back

Disappointed in Manny yesterday after a fine performance at Aldershot. After being under preasure in the second half,first when Sidibe came on,and then Abbey, the last few minutes were mostly us,and chances created but not taken.I think Andy has a selection problem next Saturday.I would have Essandoh Sidibe and Abbey up front

I agree Manny had a poor game yesterday - I was actually surprised that it was Jamie Pinnock and not him who was substituted. Maybe had Manny had a tall forward like Roy to feed off he might have played better.

Not sure about playing Sidibe from the start - might be too much for Lee Gledhill's stress levels!!

No change whatsoever in Liam' game. Barnet might be full-time, but is Liam? It didn't show yesterday.

Over all not the best game this season, we didn't finish off our chances and there were plenty of them. Rob Owen and Lee Gledhill both looked off form, their passing was poorer than we've come to expect. That may of been down to pressure they were put under by Barnet, that was Manny Omoyinmi' problem, too. Considering he had to get around heavy weight 'pieman' Redhill. Andy Drury didn't look 100% either, then again when you've had stud marks up your chest, it's not surprising. Our greatest loss was Roy Essandoh, goal scorer or goal provider, he is at the hub of the team. Better luck next week.

I don't think Liam is the player he used to be with us. With us he was allowed a bit of free role,and would put in all action performances and really making an impact on the game. Yesterday it looked like they'd been trying to change his game and give his play more of a structure,but he just looked a bit lost, though to be fair he did well for their goal...

Quote:
smithyman said:
I agree Manny had a poor game yesterday - I was actually surprised that it was Jamie Pinnock and not him who was substituted.

The trouble with one-month loan players is that the manager is often reluctant to take them off, even when they are putting in a below-par performance (like Manny did yesterday), because they want to get the most out of them in the short time that they have at the club.

Pinnock wasn't any better though - we were second-best physically up front, and as has been mentioned elsewhere, having Essendoh up front gives the strike force a better balance.