Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Andrewc

Canvey

So, according to the report in today's NLP Jeff King says Canvey should have been promoted two seasons ago instead of the 'Fleet.

Time, as they say, will tell!!!!

They would have been promoted a couple of years ago.....if they had won the league ! But they didn't!!!! so tough sh*t Mr King !

The table doesn't lie Brian !!!

Cheers,

elephant.gif

Get used to it lads , its just another one of those managers, who makes excuses and puts us down when we whip thier arses lext season, we've had it all season so one more just adds to the list.

I have never stopped hating Canvey - Burger King's comments in NLP justify my reasons.

Can't wait 'til they come here next year - another 4098????? crowd and hopefully live on SKY.

Crawley won again yesterday, while Weymouth, who have collapsed completely, lost - Crawley are now just 4 points away from clinching promotion (and potentially 3, given the respective goal differences)

I will be surprised if Sky decide to cover a 'Canvey' home game. Unless there has been an almighty change the conference wont want the ground up as an advertisment. Have they built any stands yet ?. Or is it still just those bus shelters.

Reading the NLP report about Canvey just illustrates how ignorant Jeff King is,no wonder everyone hates them.I recall how pleased the Bedford supporters were when we deservedly won the Ryman.Roll on next season when we stuff them again!

Quote:
Squawkident said:
was he not talking about a fleet home game?

Home or away, I can't see Sky televising a game between us and Canvey. A lot of us might think it's a big game, given the race for the Ryman title between the two clubs, but in reality if neither of us are challenging at the very top of the table next year (which seems likely to be the case) I don't see why Sky would be interested.

However, if it were selected I wouldn't complain grin.gif

I don't think Sky select matches based on local rivalry! If they did then they should have shown the Telford. Shewsbury game! Speaking to a Teford fan in the pub before the Teford game, they REALLY hate Shewsbury!!! smile.gif

I might complain if it where selected, given that a lot of neutrals may think that because it is being shown on television there is no need to make the trip. However it is going to be two amazing games and i cant wait