Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
FleetFanatic

In this week's Gravesend Reporter

So they are looking at a FIFA standard stadium, what's that, about 30-35,000 all seater! Now GNFC average gate is about, what, 1500-2000. I don't think so!!! frown.gif It will kill GNFC if this goes ahead. Gillingham FC should stay in Gillingham.

I can understand the council wanting the Gillingham project rather than the "GNFC small stadium" as the Gillingham one will generate more money for them!

Not being a local any more I'm not up to date with the Gillingham fiasco . However ,I remember that if ever our lease was not renewed by our landlords then they have to relocate us . The favoured site is behind Northfleet Industrial Estate , at about 10 o'clock from The Halfway Line and about 1/2 a mile away .

But when have Landlords words meant anything when the mighty Pound is waved in front of their faces? Having been to court when my sons Landlords put him out in the street.....with a young family........The courts aren't interested,go to your local Council you're told....they will house you!....With Gillingham i suppose!

Stonebridge Road has always been a prime development site...and Football will be the least of their interests if enough money is offered!

Some people want to live in the REAL world!

I'm not sure what real world is over the big pond , but I think you'll find Stonebridge Road is not prime development land as the site is over the Ebbsfleet river at a shallow depth beneath .

Hence all the drainage problems over the years , particularly over winters when the Thames backs up the Ebbsfleet .

I can distinctly remember the Ebbsfleet stream that used to run under the road opposite the Plough, spent many happy hours playing on the waste ground surrounding the area.

As soon as they encased the stream to allow them to build the eyesore industrial park or whatever they want to call it,the problems started.