Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR!

Very difficult to celebrate I find. The rose is our national emblem, but April is too early to find them in the garden and I was charged an arm and a leg at the florist this morning. Then there is the problem of what to wear. Just what is the English national costume?<p>I suppose most people will revert to wearing football/rugby kit and having a drink of our national beverage - tea.<p>If you do get some beer in, make sure it is ale, brewed in England. You can't really toast St George with Stella.

Not much sign of any festivities round here. I don't think most people give a toss about it personally, maybe the media are giving it a bigger press than normal because of all the attention on the Royals this year. Mind you, if it was in Spain everyone would be given a day off and there would be fiestas everywhere, a much more civilised idea.