Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford want Gravesend to be promoted

Thanks Iron knob. I didn't really expect any sensible answers.<p>Sadly I am not so well informed so can't answer the Eagles questions. I would think the ground became known as The Eyrie because the Eagles play there and I know that we were nicknamed the Eagles long before Crystal Palace got in on the act - that's what an article in the Independent claimed when we reformed in 1989 anyway.

Tut Tut Bald Eagle, are you a Bedford Fan?<p>When I woz young and Bedford and Romford were in the Southern League Bedford's old ground was, I believe called the Eyrie. Could it be that is why Bedford's new ground is called the New Eyrie.<p>Did u not once give Arsenal or was it Everton, a tough time at the old ground?<p>Regards from the bottom of the pyramid, good luck next season.

Yes Mr Whisperer, I am well aware that our old home was also called the Eyrie. It was a fine old ground that I had the pleasure of visiting on numerous occasions in my younger days.<p>That wasn't the question though. What I was unable to answer was which came first - the ground name or the nickname as both are obviously linked.<p>We've played both Arsenal and Everton. Arsenal won in a replay after a 2-2 draw at Highbury. All before my time.