Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charles Webster, Jeremy Jacobs, Mike Green,

Quote:
Vera said:
Charles Webster was my favourite BBC Kent Reporter. He is just a 'Natural' speaks clearly and gets excited without overdoing it, no excessive shouting from Charles'

I couldn't get to the Exeter replay and had to listen to Chas on Radio Kent.
No excessive shouting or overdoing it eh? Well there was plenty of shouting and overdoing it in my house that night and I'm pretty sure some of it was coming from the radio. grin.gif

Maybe I'm getting deaf, but my impression is that even when Charles gets excited he doesn't get to the point where we can't understand what he is saying. I was at the Exeter replay. Perhaps I should have stayed at home and listened to it on the radio, because I couldn't bear to watch it in the end and walked away and worked out what was happening by the cheering and groans coming from the

supporters brave enough to watch. I really do think Charles is the best Radio Kent Reporter.

JJ for me is the best freelancer.It's that deep sexy voice. Jamie Reid is sheer class as BBC staff. Agree with above. Jodie screams too much ( can you imagine in the bedr.....) don't go there. Mike Green very knowledgeable for a young man. Charles Webster too sarcastic for me although very funny. Musn't forget to mention Andrew ( I support Palace ) Gidley. A fine fellow

Quote:
meldrew said:
Who is really interested?Get your a**se down to Stonebridge Road and see for yourself what is going on.Most Pundits talk bo****ks anyway!

You're the one talking bo****ks here, matey.

Firstly, Chas Webster has been a Fleet supporter for decades & is held in respect by anyone who knows anything about the club. He is certainly not to be placed amongst the pundits you generalise about so glibly. Secondly, I know for a fact that virtually everyone taking part in this typical closed season debate goes to Stonebridge Road for every home game. You're the one showing your ignorance, or you'd know that what is generally under discussion here is not the meagre offering on the radio, listened to by people sitting indoors when the Fleet are at home, but the live online commentary, followed avidly by real supporters who can't get to Shrewsbury on a Tusday night.

So unless you go to every away game, I'd desist from suddenly introducing a combative tone into a civilised discussion.

EC

Quote:
beatriz94 said:
JJ for me is the best freelancer.It's that deep sexy voice. Jamie Reid is sheer class as BBC staff. Agree with above. Jodie screams too much ( can you imagine in the bedr.....) don't go there. Mike Green very knowledgeable for a young man. Charles Webster too sarcastic for me although very funny. Musn't forget to mention Andrew ( I support Palace ) Gidley. A fine fellow

What is they say JJ? Self praise is no praise!

Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:
Prefer to go the games meself , and not heard any of them on the radio. But even I can work out that JJ is a tw*t.

Of course he is a tw*t Wobbly thats what makes him so good.

JJ's comments when Margate are losing (Which to be fair to Margate wasn't too often this year) are fantastic. Even on the radio you can see his lower lip trembling, you know his eyes are welling up and you can hear the sulky bad temperedness in his voice.
We all like to see our own team win but when Margate lose JJ's cat knows it will be getting a boot up the *rse!

Quote:
beatriz94 said:
Now half the Margate teanm are going to Gravesend, should we rename Andy Ford's side Gravesgate or Marfleet?

Half? If Saunders and a rumoured Porter are half your team, you did even better to finish in (lower!) mid-table this season...

Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beatriz94 said:

Now half the Margate teanm are going to Gravesend, should we rename Andy Ford's side Gravesgate or Marfleet?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical Margate exaggeration, 2 players move( which only 1 will push for a regular team place ) and its half a team.

Next they'll be saying they can build a new stadium with a tenner.

Just call us a bigger club than the gits for starters ....

Up the Fleet