Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some snippets of news!

Cookie

Have heard tonight from a good source that dover have asked our club for an astronomical amount should we wish to ground share next year. Was given a figure but it seems to proposterous to mention. Its way above what our club can afford and unless this figure is negotiated down and it would have to be a massive reduction, then it looks like the crapple will not be our ground next year. Also, that any players we have over 23 or is it 25 are the only ones in contract so how many players does that leave us with. Not many I should imagine. Heard nothing about the ground or the conference for now and really this info isnt much, but its something, though not seemingly advantageous to our club. Shall try and weedle more out of this source tomorrow so keep logged on tomorrow. All the above needs confirming of course but thats what this person has told me for now. Sorry I cant be more informative for you but will keep digging.

Am still amazed that no-one has come on here telling us anything. Its weird, worrying and frustrating.

Whilst undoubtedly they will be greedy, the figure muted must be somewhat exaggerated since for an investment of about £5ok ,then Ashfords ground can be brought up to scratch.

Elsewhere there is a post about club needing additional £4ook to suppport overall conference football which sounds `about right and has probably got mixed up with cost of renting Dovers ground.

Surely club has always realised it would need about £500k to support conf. football, and thought that would have been part of clubs negotiations with the developers;rather than a sudden realisation of fact.

Back to Dovers ground ,is there not an issue with their floodlights though.I thought they were not up to standard and needed £50k to put right.

'Knowing our form ',club will do a deal with Dover, then be told by conference that can't use the ground cos of floodlights issue ,and will be in dispute with DAFC as to who repairs the lights to bring them up to standard.