Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Graham Porter

Nice to see the club using the website to keep their own fans informed of developments on the playing front at the club and carrying on your previous excellent work Dave. Yet another case of our much maligned CE keeping us fans informed.

Dont worry how we get the news, good player good signing for Fleet, and a two year contract, also shame we missed out on Simon Wormull would have been a very interesting midfield, win some lose some, also nice bit of news there on Manny Omoyinmi.

Good news indeed,it's encouraging to see that Andy has been busy and I reckon that they are both good signings.

As has already been mentioned we do probably need a long ball playmaker in midfield and obviously a couple of strikers, but all in all things are beginning to take shape,obviously our showing in the league in the latter half of the season is going to reap some dividends.

Agreed Bloodknot.

Although we APPEARED to have a solid defence, we still conceded 60+ goals, and conceded many in the closing minutes, costing us valuable points.Both Jay and Ports seem solid, tough tackling players who should contibute to conceding fewer goals.

Now for a couple of new strikers.

Am not a fan of porters as he makes too many mistakes in defense and gets tapped for pace all too often these days. Rarely goes 2 games without a yellow card and in my opinion, and I do scrutinise players when watching, you have taken a step back with this signing. Saunders is better, though his late mistimed tackling also lets him down. But he is a grafter and puts in lots of work and is good in the air. His running and hard work off-sets his lack of talent.He will do a good job for you though but porter is a BAD BAD signing.You will see!

Whether or not he is a bad signing depends very much on what his role at the club will be.

Personally, I cannot see him replacing any of the current back four, which means that he will be spending a lot of time on the bench. If this is the case, then he is a very good signing indeed.

Andy's difficulty has been the uncertainty of the Dukes injury/form. He has never excelled in the Conference, so apart from Matt Lee we have no cover in the centre. (I suspect Ade won't play much again).

We needed to fill the hole before all quality centre halves are snapped up.

We all wondered whether Shearer would fit in at Fleet and what a good signing he turned out to be.

We must back Andy's judgement on this and hope the move to Fleet will rejuvinate Porters career.

I called him a beast while he was with Margit, but when he wears the red shirt, I will be shouting loudly FOR him. (The same with Saunders)