Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Football League loses the plot

Stu M

The stupid thing about the name 'The Championship' is that it suggests that it is the league all English teams want to be in, when in reality all of the teams in it want to get out of it in order to reach the Premiership. So as a name, it's totally inappropriate.

And I thought 'Conference National' was a stupid name...

IS THERE A CONFERENCE INTER-NATIONAL I ASK? dONT THINK SO SO WHAT A STUPID THING TO DO.TO CHANGE IT TO THAT.Why do these people not concentrate on more important things in life other than to change a name.Beggars belief!

Yeah the "Premiership", (still think it's a really god awful name)is completely ruining football and as for the new "idea" for the 1st div; well who is apparently behind it? Brian Mawhinney,nothing more needs to be said as far as i'm concerned, well at least nothing that I might leave myself open to libel charges.

Quote:
Milwall chairman Theo Paphitis said:
"The extra sponsorship money from Coca Cola will go directly to the clubs but the re-branding will allow us to market ourselves which will bring in more revenue."

The Coca-Cola Championship...? Coca-Cola League One...? Coca-Cola League Two...?
I ****ing ask you, does this smack of the worst kind of Americanised rebranding or what?!
Whatever next...? Teams uprooting themselves from their local community, playing in a totally different part of the country and still hanging onto their ... um ... original ... erm ... name......
Oh Bugger! It's all been in the pipeline for years hasn't it?!

Reminds me of the farcical launch of the Premier League in 92. Anyone remember the cheer-leaders and fireworks...?

Quote:
Student Scum said:

Whatever next...?
/

What next? Probably the McDonalds Supersize Play-offs for promotion into the Go-Large League, followed by an amalagamation of competitions to be known as the Two-For-One FA and League Cups, winning of which will get you into the Buy-Now, Pay-Later European Champions League. Wan.... Kers.

Quote:
Stu M said:
Quote:
Student Scum said:

Whatever next...?
/

What next? Probably the McDonalds Supersize Play-offs for promotion into the Go-Large League, followed by an amalagamation of competitions to be known as the Two-For-One FA and League Cups, winning of which will get you into the Buy-Now, Pay-Later European Champions League. Wan.... Kers.

Do you want Fries with that????? grin.gif

In 2 years' time, the players will be wearing oversized shoulder pads, gusset enhancers and be allowed to pick the (oval) ball up and run for 10 yards with it. After that, there'll be a 10 minute team huddle to decide what direction to go in next. For F's sake, LEAVE OUR BLOODY GAME ALONE!!!!