Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Danny Spiller

Can't believe that suddenly Danny Spiller is worth 3/4 million pounds or more according to Andy Hesenthaler. If he's that good why he's taken so long to break into Gillingham's team, and why didn't some club pick him up from Gillingham's reserves. Think he's very fortunate to have been given a chance, how many more are out there at a lower league level or languishing in someone reserves who could suddenly be worth a ridiculous amount.

• 1 month later...

Actually, Danny's first season as a pro was wrecked by a persistent achilles injury in 2000.

He made only one brief appearance in the reserves final game of the season and one as a first team sub.

He made a few appearances at the end of the 2002/03 season, which led to him starting in the first game of the 2003/04 season.

Last season Danny made 32 fulls apps and 7 sub. He also scored six important goals and also swept boards at the player of the year awards getting Supporters, Players and Sponsors Player of the Year after a season of energetic midfield displays.

I personally think Danny is worth more than £750k and I'm so pleased he is getting the recognition he deserves, afterall he is a brilliant player and who has come through the ranks at Gillingham. I am looking forward to seeing more this season too laugh.gif