Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's Ashford

Thats [***!!***]. Miles from the nearest station. Why didn't the club try Folkestone, Ramsgate or Herne Bay. Even Whitstable would have been better.

I bet the crowds are really [***!!***]. Why didnt they ask the fans where they wanted to play. What a [***!!***] way to run a club.

Surely the club have got to offer transport ? And not a [***!!***] mini bus either. At the very least have a bus from Ashford Station to the ground - it's miles from the town.

The club have never offered a ********* minibus!

I did offer a minibus because I thought it would help get people to Dover, of course you can always go by train!!

This sort of attitude rules out the use of perfectly good transport next year, which of course would'nt bother someone like S.T. agecoach

Lets not forget Ashfords ground is not at Ashford.It is miles outside of the town in the countryside!!!I really think the club have mis judged the mood of the supporters on this decision.I phsically cannot get to Ashford on a Saturday lunchtime which involves getting through Canterbury Or Dover in the middle of the summer!!!Nor am I preopared to travel home all that distance late at night .And all the time still nothing has been agreed about Hartsdown!!!!KP informed me and my pals recently "we will not be playing at Ashford "I will not be going and neither will about twenty or more of my mates .All long time supporters of at least thirty five years.LOST THEM ALL WELL DONE KP!!!!!!!!!.Why the hell they did not try for Herne Bay is beyond me.probably because the club feel they are bigger and better than what they actually are!! No I think among all the [****!!****] ups and mistakes made by the club these last couple of years and the way they have not given a thought about the supporters. The decision to play at Ashford I think will prove to be the worst.some one from the club ought to get out here in the real world an d experience the anger first hand about this decision!!!!!

Crowds of less than a hundred at ashford next season is a cert. nice one kp.

so which month will we go bust?

july?

august?

september?

october?

november?

december?

no need to go further than that surely.

A very bad choice off ground for the majority of fan's cant see myself getting to any home games on a saturday unless im off work of sacked its just to far and out of the way.

Hold on guys, this is still the club we have all been supporting for years. I have been pretty up and down about the club's prospects just like everone else, but at least this says we are still in the game and fighting. Let's remeber that it is not just our club that has to agree a gound share, and that costs are as bigger concern as revenue. I - and I'm sure the club - appreciate that the distance may make it difficult to get to. But if you can't get to all games, try as many as you can. At least this decision provides some hope and keeps the dream alive. I WILL be at Ashford!

COME ON YOU BLUES.

[color:"blue"]

Well said Steve! We've been waiting patiently for news & now we've got some, but some people are still not satified.

It's not as if this has come completely out of nowhere - we've known since January that Ashford have been keen to host home matches & willing to do so at a reasonable price.

It's not ideal, and will mean our gates will suffer, but it also means the Club are still in business - that IS A RESULT !

The nature of the financial set-up of the new stadium means that absolutely everything has to be in place before work can start - but the end result (a stadium that effectively doesn't cost a bean to run)justifies the wait.

The real 'crime' is that KP has an optimistic attitude to time-lines which he offers in Press Statements which we've been demanding ... so we should share some of the blame. [/color]

Pi****D Off said:

'involves getting through Canterbury Or Dover in the middle of the summer!!!'

Nah, navigate past Pfizer, Ash Bypass, cut through Wingham, take the B2046 Adisham road, join A2, get off at A28, avoiding both Canterbury and Dover.

At the other end, go past William Harvey Hospital, Cross over M20 and go round the ring road and there you are.

Well thats got everyone going but it has to be the option cos Dover would cost more and possibly have more games off due to all that football. yes 1980's crowds maybe but the offset of that is cheaper ground share. Night games worry me though perhaps less than 100 for those but i guess you either support the club or it goes under. It is your choice.

Less than a 100 for saturday afternoon games too.It will be very hard for me to get to homelands and I'm not sure I want to.With only a birds eye view of the game its not worth the bother.This is MY personal objection to the venue and whilst I will always be a margate fan, what the club have done is to isolate even more fans than was before.It was bad enough at dover without this happening.As for the good news that we have been waiting for, well, all I can say about that is that the good news we are waiting for concerns the re-building of our hartsdown park and this so-called news about homelands at ashford is NOT the news we have been moaning about not getting. Yes of course its news to know where we are playing but thats not what we want to hear above all else. Let us know if and when the builders move in. Thats what we are looking for.I won't be going to ashford and if you want to say I am not a true fan then rest assured I am. I cast my objections to this move even though it does give us a season of games but we want news of the ground and thats important,above all else to me. When that occurs the fans may try and venture to asford with that start of the ground in the back of their minds.In fact, knowing that, would encourage me to make more effort to go to ashford.In fact to ANYWHERE to watch our games..I too have work commitments that will prevent me anyhow from getting to ashford. It would just be too far in my work.No time to just pop down the road or even get to dover anymore,let alone the fields of ashford.

well said cookie you have summed up what i am feeling. i will make a stand that i hope others do too. im not going to games until we see a proper start to work at hartsdown park. then we will know that the people in some sort of control of the club have the best interests at heart and its worth spending time and effort to support the team. try and sway me all you want steve w, margatefan and other people with unlimited faith but i cannot bring myself to support a regime that at the moment is failing, and has done for the last couple of years. what is there to say it wont get better? nothing, and i want to see work at hartsdown before i am prepared to show anymore faith.

Ashford was the ONLY club in Kent who were willing and able to take us.

Clubs like Herne Bay don't like us and don't have the ground rating.

I have been a supporter for over 50 years and I visit this forum for news about my club. I get fed up with people whinging.

Sutton and Carshalton are just a few minutes away from where I now live and these away games are marked in my diary. I shall get to Ashford, about 60 miles away, as often as I can and will probably see many other games around the country.

You don't stop supporting a club if it's having a few problems!

MFC aren't going to Ashford to alienate fans, they are going because it's the best they can make of an awful situation. Yes I'm disappointed and it will restrict the number of games I can get to. I'm sure once there is definite news about Hartsdown Park we will hear, the fact we haven't heard indicates there is no definite news. I'm sure the club know this isn't what supporters want but threatening to stay away wont make any difference.