Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scally

Scally, you'd have to be naive to trust a bloke with a surname like that.

But in all seriousness who can really have doubts about this guys motives, he wants to get into our area because he wants to jump on the bandwagon,and Gravesham council should be ashamed of themselves for helping him before their own football club.

"Small though Priestfield may be, it's seldom full. Under these circumstances, the chances of the Football League sanctioning a move are as likely as England winning a penalty shoot-out."

Personally, I think we won't have much to worry about.

Most Gillingham fans think Scally's ideas will never happen.

(Mainly due to being in debt & this venture would cost millions.)

About true FF, i was told that Gills are around 3-4 million in debt, the Gills struggle to fill Priestfield even with some big name teams in Div 1, the majority of Gills fans i know are against the idea, even the Gills Supporter's Chairman was on the radio recently saying it was a bad move and it would cripple the club, it is a shame Temple Marsh fell through it would have been a good site for a football club and i am sure the road network would have been improved i am against the idea of Gills moving out of Medway and i am sure that Medway Council will do all they can to make sure it never happens, and if Gravesham Council are putting Gills before Fleet they should be ashamed of themselves.

FleetFanatic said:

"Small though Priestfield may be, it's seldom full. Under these circumstances, the chances of the Football League sanctioning a move are as likely as England winning a penalty shoot-out."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember the Football League stopping Maidstone, Brighton or Wimbledon from selling their grounds for whatever reason and moving in with other clubs!

Gravesham Council MIGHT JUST think that having a Division 1 club in their area is far more upbeat than a Conference side!

It is up to all Fleet supporters to make the council(and the Northfleet board)understand how you feel!

Wimbledon did not have a ground so the circumstances around the granting of permission were different.

Maidstone? Long before the current Football League criteria were introduced.

Brighton? I understand that there were certain specifics around that issue too.

I really believe that Gillingham will end up remaining at Priestfield.

Quote:
Blinkjim said:
Isnt it about time we let are fellings known to the council, and to the club. It may just be me and i may be wrong, but i get the feeling that the board would like to ground share. But it may just be me!

According to the Reporter today:

"Gravesend & Northfleet already have long term plans to relocate from their stadium at Stonebridge Road, but there are no plans for a groundshare"

More to the point does anyone know what the Club's short and long term plans are?

In the short term i.e. the next 5 years I'd like to think the Club would go full time and improve Stonebridge Road to football League standard. To quote the Chairman:

"We must address Gravesend & Northfleet's immediate needs, which revolve around meeting Football League criteria for ground capacity as soon as possible. We can only do that here at Stonebridge Road in the timescale we have"

What exactly are the Club hoping to achieve within this timescale?

And how long is this timescale? I may have missed it but I've never seen confirmation of what the Clubs ambitions are in the short to long term future.

Is there some Master plan to have League football at Stonebridge Road within the next 5 years? Please tell us . . . laugh.gif

Looking at the football league stadium/lighting requirements:

a) Stonebridge Road meets the Qualification Criteria - we just have to

submit an application by the 1st March this coming season if we

find ourselves as wishing to apply for Football League Membership.

Despite all this we can't play in the LDV Vans Trophy confused.gif

All the players and management have to do is win the league and

G&N is a Football League team - no pressure lads! grin.gif

B) The Club must meet the Admission Criteria (5000 capacity/1000

seats) ideally by the 1st March of its first season in FL or face

the loss of all points and relegation to the Conference.

c)Membership Criteria must be met within the 3rd season of Football

League Membership e.g. 5000 capacity/2000 seats.

Perhaps the "Master Plan" was to win the league this season or the following season (Or was Dave having some fun?) Anyhow, as good a manager as Andy Ford is I can't see any part-time team winning it or coming close when you are up against so many Full-time teams.

Playoff's maybe but realistically mid-table again this season?

Quote:
JimGNFC said:
Perhaps the "Master Plan" was to win the league this season or the following season (Or was Dave having some fun?)

I was trying to point out gently that any master plan for league football had to include winning the league (or the playoffs) As you rightly said we appear to meet the criteria for getting into the league, so no major work need be done until we get there.

BTW for the LDV they are using the membership criteria, which is potty!

Just to add my fourpenneth worth !!

I pay my tax (regretfully ) and pay my council tax ( even more regretfully !)

So.....although we don't know the full facts yet it seems, if any of my "contributions" go towards assisting Gillingham move to Gravesham, then I may have to "go into print " !

Who does the Council Leader think he is ? Tony Blair ??

We (me !) want a referendum as to what our (my) money goes towards !

I want it to go towards Gravesend !! If I wanted to contribute to Gillingham, I would live in Medway or become a Gillingham supporter ! ( neither of which is an option !)

Call to arms...build the baricades....fight them on the beaches ( or the mud !!)

NEVER shall we surrender !

...and i am unamimous on this !!

Cheers,

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif bootyshake.gif