Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
mikefleet

The new website

Quite ludicrous. If they must play music, at least play "Cheer,cheer, here come the Fleet."

The only redeeming factor is it not quite so bad to look at. Not that I will look at much anyway, as it it so bad.

Let us pray the web fanzine is a success, as I'm sure the official site will rarely be used!!!

Ok...i quite like the new site...the robot is great(and gordon t agrees)...musics sh*te though!I've seen 4 gnfc shirts on todays non-uniform day,but sadly also a d*rtford shirt.

Agree with Fleet Boy, who is at least being open minded.

The music is mega-irritating, but there's a handy little sound button, that lets you switch it off. The picture that represents the guys & gals on the forum is a bit of a saccharine job, but I like the barmy robot & the overall design is a hell of a lot better than what it replaces.

Come on chaps! Some of us have got too locked into knock the new website mode. If we just keep mocking we end up looking like grumpy old tw*ts who don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Reserve final judgement until a week before the start of the season. Let's be honest, nobody much is going to be looking before then.

EC

Well it's certainly a triumph of style over content.

Not much style and absolutely no content,

It would be good if it was Hooky.
It would be better if the website had a better layout and was more like Scarborough's.
Or any other conference website.

I still say BRING BACK DAVID!!!

it's definitely a step in the right direction, a far better layout a lot easier to use, music is like you get on a playstation, awful and irritating,the robot? far better if we had something that connects with the club,i.e. Hooky as suggested,but at least they must be listening as it's a great improvement.

Personally i think the new website is ok. There are a few bits that need sorting out, but then thats the same for any new site. As fleetboy said on my behalf the robot is cool. So keep him. Get rid of the music though

I don't think it is that bad the music is a pain and hopefully some more content will appear as the squad is completed and official photos are taken etc. I am guessing but I think the robot is in the colours of Glandwish Estates.

Quote:
Unrecognized Genius said:Come on chaps! Some of us have got too locked into knock the new website mode. If we just keep mocking we end up looking like grumpy old tw*ts who don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Can't agree more. The new layout has only just appeared and already the same old people are laying into it. Give the guy a break.

You guys are so ungrateful, at least someones made an effort...I would like to see you guys try and do something better. When someone puts a lot of effort in to produce something give him some credit...Yes there are going to be negative points but don't be so negative. The poor bloke

The site is an embarrassment to the club.

Who on earth commissioned it, and what WERE they thinking?

Quote:
Anonymous said:
You guys are so ungrateful, at least someones made an effort.....

.....the only problem being that 'the somebody' is making an effort to show off their website designing skills a bit too much!

How difficult is it to take the best aspects of other football websites & combine them all together to create ;the ultimate website'???

Pleased you can, why is the text so small? It's what outsiders think that bothers me, just read their comments on the Conference Guide, and they're dead right

Quote:
Anonymous said:
FF...you try and do better

This is not someones personal website or a hobby, it belongs to a semi professional football club, who have ambitions to go full time. No, I couldn't do better, but surely the club can find someone to do a professional job