Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's friendlies

I saw us beat VCD 5-1 with goals from McKimm, Moore, Ward, Wilson and Hughes.

I then flew courtesy of ChasAir and caught the end of Chatham 2 Fleet 6 I don't know all of the goalscorers, but I did arrive in time to catch a trademark jacko thunderbolt.

That's really make a great set up to the new season if we could beat the gills, how about, 'You can stick your f****ng groundshare up your [****!!****]', f**k off back to Gillingham', and instead of the 'E I E I E I OH's we are the boys from kent, change it to the 'we are the pride of kent' just to wind the gills up a little?? i reckon 2-1, 3-1 to the fleet on the day, essendoh 2 and jacko!

Apologies for the Captain sensible tone, but let's not forget 2 things here, chaps:

1. It is only a friendly. Learning the strengths & weknesses of the players on trial, moving towards a good understanding throughout the team, with clear patterns of play emerging, together with remaining injury free are much more important than the result.

2. Chanting abuse, which could be taken as directed towards the Gillingham support is totally unjustified & will make us look stupid. They're dead against moving out of Medway, just as we'd fight tooth & nail to stay in Gravesham. It's Mr Scally's "grand designs" which have to be the target.

EC

Quote:
KShep said:
That's really make a great set up to the new season if we could beat the gills, how about, 'You can stick your f****ng groundshare up your [****!!****]', f**k off back to Gillingham'

If its simply "light-hearted banter" aimed at Scally and Co. then thats to be expected under the circumstances.

However if things de-generate into a "barrage of abuse" then its not likely to impress new fans, especially families at a time when we need more people through the turnstiles.

The best result would be to let the team do the talking, stuff the Gills by a couple of goals and then maybe some of the local politicians will wake up to the fact that we already do have a team to be proud of in Gravesend.

Agree lets treat Saturday as it said, a friendly game there is no need to chant abuse at Gills fans they are as horrified as we are with all this talk of moving to Gravesend, i should know i live amongst them, aim the protest at Scally and Co, there should be a fair ammount of Gills fans there anyway and they will hopefully join in, unfortunatly won't be there will be at the annual proms night at Rochester Castle and we are in the Castle by 3pm best seats and all that, still at least three Gills fans will not be at the game as they will be with us.

Enjoy the game and a good Fleet win will be nice

I was pleased Yinka scored at Chatham. I was impressed with him last year in the FA Youth Cup game with Oxford. He looked rather nervy against Chatham and was not having the best of games until he scored, with misplaced passes and being outmuscled.

Then, thanks to a dreadful misjudgement by the Chats keeper the ball went in, and thereafter his confidence seemed to improve.

It was good to see Lee Gledhill constantly encouraging him and given time, I'm sure he'll develop into a decent player.