Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wilkerson or Mitten

Were my eyes deceiving me or do we have a new slimline Paul Wilkerson? He looked as if he'd shed a couple of stone. However my 1st choice would now be Charlie Mitten, he looks more agile

and I haven't really seen him put a foot wrong

Very little to choose. Wilko has the physical presence and is a good shot stopper, and my opinion is that although shorter of stature, Mitts has the better mitts!!(pardon the awful joke) and seems happier to command the 6 yard box and catch the ball.

They are both top flight conference keepers, and the only sure way of keeping them happy is to make sure they both get around 30 games each (and 30 on the bench).

I cannot recall we have ever been blessed with TWO class keepers.

Our previous best have always been in isolation, ie Brian Hughes, Colin Lewington, John Cowan, Lee Smelt, Lee Turner,to name a few.

Has to be Charlie Mitten, takes control of the six yard box and his distribution is better, no long balls down the pitch, ok it may upset some fans if Wilko is not playing but that's the way it goes.

It is great to have a goalie like Wilko as back up and it will keep them both on top form hopefully.