Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Red Neck

Relegation Prediction

Everyone likes to predict who'll go up or get into the play-offs. Or who will be the highest goal scorer, but who will the unlucky three be, if it is three?

Odds on favourites still have to be Leigh RMI. With one of the highest goal scorers in the Conference last season they still went down along with Farnborough, who are my next choice. They're out of their depth, with a low income they're scrambling for left-over players just to survive. Finally, Crawley who weren't expected to win the Doc Martens Premiership and might have been caught out. They're spending lots of cash to strengthen an average squad.

Agree that Leigh must surely go down. Everyone else has considerably strengthened their squad (so while we're in with a shout of the play-offs, so are about 14 other sides I reckon), so fancy Northwich to escape and maybe Farnborough too. Think Tamworth might find it tough, and perhaps Crawley as well.

Canvey will definately go down.

Probably Leigh.

Probably Tamworth(second season is always the hardest)

Possibly FGR

I would have to say Leigh RMI with perhaps Farnborough, Tamworth and Northwich, but i would not rule out someone like Scarborough or Halifax struggling, i think Crawley will be in there somewhere but Canvey will do ok.

Quote:
Anonymous said:second season is always the hardest

Is it? There was a team last season in their second consecutive season in the Conference who actually found it easier than the season before - a team we all know quite well. wink.gif

As for relegation predictions, it's hard to know how well teams will do, with all of them of course having altered their squads over the summer. However, Leigh struggled last year even with a 20+ goal-a-season man, and so without him they could be even worse this time around.