Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

EARLY ANALYSIS

After a few performances I think that:

Mitten is just shading Wilko as the latter looks dodgy when he has to clear at the edge of the box. Both coping well with crosses though.

Gledhill and Skinner no probs.

Porter looks good but I am not sure he has the same understanding with Mooro (superb) that Shearer(very steady)has as yet, but early days.

Manny and Macca fine.

Saunders, Surey and Rouse not giving us much extra yet and not in my first 11. The latter has got a bit about him though and could come good.

Pinnock and Moose on fire and should start.

Roy is still magic and Proths and Drury will do the stuff.

Jacko will still be an asset over the season.

I am a bit worried about the lack of clear chances we are creating at present. Last year we made so many we could afford to miss a lot, but thus far we are not getting shots in.

The rumour is that Andy's first choice 11 for the Vics game, started against Welling. I hope not as we seemed to hacve little shape and invention in the first half.

Things to be sorted before then:

1. Delivery from corners and free kicks in to the box, at present either don't beat the first man or are too deep.

2. The tannoy system. Are we down to one speaker?

3. Vinegar for the chips!

Finally the ref on Tuesday had no idea. Was he just a local bod out of his depth? Welling were a dirty bunch having said that and if we had had the ref from the Gillingham game I think there would have been 10 cards of assorted colours last night.

On the basis of the three home friendlies, I am still not certain that the team that started against Welling represents the best team (obviously taking into account Proths upcoming suspension).

We definitely need a way of playing Moussa without leaving the midfield short of players. Also feel that there has been little to choose between Moore, Porter and Shearer. So how about playing a 3-4-3 formation as follows:-

Mitten

Porter Moore Shearer

Prothero McKimm Drury Skinner

Sidebe Essandoh Pinnock

A little concerned with performances so far especially with the lack of chances being created. Hope the lads raise their game when the season k.o. otherwise we could be battling the drop again rather than play off's!

Have to say Mitten just pips Wilko simply because his confidence appears to filter through the back line.

Agree with Gledhill & Skinns and perm any 2 of Mooro, Shears & Porter ( who's looking more settled now.)

Provs is better in midfield and Rouse is improving every game and could fill the Ben Walshe role IMO. Moussa is on fire but think he'll be our 2nd half match winner.

As said on other threads we have too many of the same in midfield lacking creativity. Need a playmaker (General if u like) with vision and ability to deliver. Any combination of the midfielders here, I'm afraid.

Up front, Roy & Pinno but could do with a more prolific striker. If Manny plays we need to keep the ball to feet otherwise he's wasted. Think Manny is a very expensive luxury if we don't play to his strengths and he doesn't perform more regularly.

Quote:
Paulo GNFC said:
A little concerned with performances so far especially with the lack of chances being created. Hope the lads raise their game when the season k.o. otherwise we could be battling the drop again rather than play off's!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't last year's pre-season an absolute disaster, including that embarrasing drubbing at Canvey? I've only seen the lads twice so far this term but I'm still far more confident than I was this time last August. Don't worry, the boys will come good and we'll be alright. This will be a season to remember, not one to forget.