Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

80's TV Programmes

Tuffley Rebel

I can recall a childrens programme on BBC1 - from memory it was rather scary (or at least I thought it was at the time) - it involved electricity pylons that maybe moved or were alive in some way. The other main characters were children.

Apart from that I can't remember a lot about it - but it just sticks in the memory and bugs me!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hill Street Blues - Mick Belker 'Grrr'

It's being re-run at the moment, think it's on More4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread has got me singing theme tunes out loud......

Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World

We're called Jossies Giants, footballs just a brand of science

Get your cares away, worries for another day, let the fraggles play, down at fraggle rock

If your mansion house needs haunting just call.....Rentaghost

I.....'m profundly in love with Pandora, adolescence proves to be a strain, profundly in love with Pandora, despite these growing pains (which, amazingly, I was singing in the car on the way to the match on Saturday in a conversation that led from Frigging in the Rigging by the Pistols, to Ian Dury's Winnie the Pooh song and obviously to Growing Pains)

Don't you open that trap door, you're a fool if you dare

Far too many favourites to name here but I am surprised that no-one has named Murphy's Mob....the poor mans Jossie!!!

Steve

Originally Posted By: Mark (Flag) Braintree
Tales of the unexpected.

Can't remember any of the stories, but can remember the 3 dancing girls (silhouetes) on the credits at the start and the theme tune.

The girls dancing suggested (well to me) a bit like Girl on Girl action and at 13 /14 I tuned in, though it was nothing like that.
That was the twist, suggestion of something for young lads, but no nothing.

I know exactly where you are coming from there Mark!

Two quality comedies from the 80's that don't get enough credit.
Soap.
Married with Children

I fully agree although Married did get a little tedious towards the end.
Soap was pure genius and occasionally pops up on something like Paramount Comedy.

Misses Flag, just shouted out, Just Good Friends.
I will have to get her logged on.

Despite this now seeming like I am stalking all of Mark's posts (if it helps my defence I thought Cheers was poo so I do not agree with everything you say) as I was reading out the list of programmes posted to the wife she gave hardly enthusiastic yes or no answers until I got to Vince and Penny's will they won;t they saga that was Just Good Friends. This time the response was a very very enthusiastic 'YES YES YES'. I should not really speak to her when the milkman is round!

• 3 weeks later...