Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FLEETASTIC - AGAIN

mikefleet

Always going to happen when the bench is equally as good as the playing staff....... very diff to keep everyone happy.. i hope pinns hangs around as he must be a little peeved at the moment!!!!

good to see so many of you make the trip and coming to first home game sat. looks like crowd should improve yet further!!!!!!!

Quote:
David Holden said:
All will be revealed next week I suspect if Porter isn't fit.

I must say the Lee was not a happy chappie when he walked past us yesterday.

As early as pre-season it was obvious that Lee was going to be third choice behind Moore and Porter. Its unfortunate because last season Lee was very good and this season hasn't really been given an opportunity due to the form of Porter.

Success is great . . . but as the season progresses there are likely to be many more players unhappy about the lack of first team action.

I hope Lee stays but if he goes then who do we have as cover?

a) Ade "dodgy knees" Pennock - is he even registered as a player?
B) Former Carshalton player(non-contract terms) - seen nothing of him.
c) Jay Saunders - needs to be playing in midfield though.

Quote:
Bloodnock said:
Fleet began to hit back and when Protheroe(I think)hammered the ball across goal only to see it hit the far post,Skins collected the rebound and planted a cross into the area where Roy had an easy job of placing a header for Fleets 3rd.

It was Drury who hit the post I believe, although I could be wrong. Either way, he certainly had a fine game yesterday, and his threatening wing play meant that there was no need to throw Moussa into the mix for once.

It feels strange having doubts after racking up a 9-1 aggregate score over the weekend, but both York and Forest Green offered so little threat that victory in both games was ultimately almost inevitable. The real test will probably come in the next four games (Stevenage, Hereford (the last side to beat us of course), Barnet and Daggers), as mentioned elsewhere, given that all these sides are near to the top of the table and so are likely to be either near to or actually on top form.

I think we should extend the real test bit beyond the next 4 games - as we then face Accrington away with Aldershot away after that (although we do have Leigh at home between Accrington and Aldershot).

Things begin to look slightly easier after that (although there is seldom an easy game) but those next 7 games will,I think,truly act as our launchpad for a promotion challenge or make us a mid table side only.

So far this season, we've had three short suspensions and a couple of injuries. As we move through the year, there will clearly be others. Therefore, we need a strong squad with all players capable of playing well at Conference level. Lee and Jimmy are of such a standard. Are they really on the brink of departure as suggested in earlier posts?