Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Blind Bigot

Glory Seeker?

After such an average start to the season by my 'first team' HTFC, I hope you don't mind me jumping in the 'Fleet bandwagon' for a bit???????

What a totally wonderful start to the season! I've always dreamed (well since our FA Cup encounter) that the 'Mighty Fleet' would become a football league club and while I'm not getting tooooo carried away - it feeeeeeeels soooooo bloooooooody gooooooood to see 'Fleet' doing so well!

Good Luck boys 'n' girls. Thanks for bringing joy and genuine pleasure! - Hope that's not the kiss of death!

regards

BB

We need all the glory seekers we can get. Welcome aboard the Fleet bandwagon.

Hopefully a big crowd will be down Stonebridge Road on Saturday, with no other locals/london teams playing and Stevenage hopefully bringing a few, a crowd of over 1600 is the least that we should be looking at.

Re Halifax - hopefully will be in the 3 pigeons before the game. See you there.

Nobody who shouted the Fleet on like you did during that fantastic FA Cup triumph at Chester could possibly be a bandwaggon jumper. I seem to remember a "celebrity status" photo of you appearing on here during our first Conference season, too.

Time for your 1st visit to Stonebridge Road, theatre of dreams, this season?

EC

It's a total bugger but the Terriers have a home game on the day Fleet play at Halifax so my first line of duty has to be supporting the blue n whites I'm afraid.

Accrington away on 25 September looks good though. Now that should be a belter!

BB

Quote:
new to the game said:
i've read you many times and its graet to have you
with us
especially up north
but what was it about us that drew your affection?

When we played them (Huddersfield) in the FA Cup!

You're new here, aren't you?

Yeah it was 'that' FA Cup encounter against Huddersfield Town that sparked my initial interest in GNFC.

I was sooooooo impressed with the Fleet performance that day. Had it not been for a late, late goal by Leon Knight, Fleet would have earned at least a replay. In truth, they deserved to win the whole damed match -t'was daylight robbery! The shear effort of the Fleet boys on the field and of course absolute unstinting support from Kent that day won me over and I've been hooked ever since.

Okay, I only listen (Radio Kent over the net) and receive texts (thanks to Graham S) from afar most of the time, with the odd game up t'north thrown in but I just love it!

From the very beginning I knew the club was on the up and now the team is at last starting to show that the football league is a real possibility!

Long may it continue!

I have several other 'obsessions' in my life and now the Mighty Fleet are firmly there too.

BB

A shame we still couldnt attract 2000+, but with Hereford next week and the Daggers (albeit both have stumbled recently), we surely must hit the magic 2000, and if we keep putting in performances like todays, we must have every chance of at least averaging that figure over the season.

Thrilled! Totally thrilled! It was looking dodgy after a brilliant start but the boys pulled it out at the end. Inspired substitutions?

Lets make 14pts from the next 6 games 'the standard' now.

Cmoooooooooon Yoooooooooou Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!

BB

I think that 2000 average attendance might be a long way off. Bare in mind that today only brought 1700 against a nearby team, with a large away support, with no games for local fan-snatchers Gills and Charlton... Remember we still have relatively dull outings such as Scarborough, Leigh RMI and Halifax still to come that are very unlikely to attract many over 1000.

An uneasy performance for large periods today was hidden by the slightly fortunate victory. It seems unlikely that the same result will follow next week if we play that way against the Bulls. Louis looked lacklustre, Manny was largely anonimous and McKimm is yet to put in a solid performance this season. I fear over-reliance on the creative powers of Drury and Moussa might tell over the next few games, particularly a difficult trip to Underhill in two weeks.

Still, it has been a tremendous start to the season, very few would have expected such an amazing start from the boys. Andy has done well so far with the rotation of the forwards and the strongly contested full back positions. However, the way the players have shared out the goals has been the most impressive factor, with I believe seven players on two goals so far, shattering the fear that this season the focus might have fallen on Roy too often to provide moments of inspiration with goals from nowhere.

So the unbeaten run continues...already looking forward to next week's imminent goal-fest, judging on past games with Hereford. Let's all get behind the team to sustain the excellent 3rd place we find ourselves in. Come On You Redsss!

Its easy to knock the idea of 2000 average - but it all depends on how much longer we can maintain our performances and results.

ok - so Leigh will only bring 1 man and his dog, but if we have done well over the 4 games in the period before that game, I think we can still attract 1300-1400 to a game such as that.

Similar thoughts apply to other less high profile games.

And dont forget that we play Crawley on New Years Day, which is likely to attract a very decent crowd as, no doubt, would the Barnet,Woking and Aldershot home games (and potentially Canvey as well).

So,if we maintain our place in range of play off places,then I certainly believe an average of 2000 for the season could be attained. Obviously,if we drop away over the season, crowds will drop and we wont achieve that average, but lets be positive here - we CAN maintain our place and no opposition should hold any fears for us at present.

Up the Fleet.

Dead right mate!

'Off my tits' more like! Got back at about 7pm! What with the Fleet result yesterday and now 4-0 to the Terriers today! Whaaaaaaaaat a weekend!

We (the Terriers) were fantastic today. Out faught 'em, dominated 'em and arseole 'em. What more could a 'Blind Bigot' want?

Magical!

Coooome Ooooooooon Yoooooooooooooou Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!

BB