Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Glory Seeker?

Blind Bigot

After such an average start to the season by my 'first team' HTFC, I hope you don't mind me jumping in the 'Fleet bandwagon' for a bit???????

What a totally wonderful start to the season! I've always dreamed (well since our FA Cup encounter) that the 'Mighty Fleet' would become a football league club and while I'm not getting tooooo carried away - it feeeeeeeels soooooo bloooooooody gooooooood to see 'Fleet' doing so well!

Good Luck boys 'n' girls. Thanks for bringing joy and genuine pleasure! - Hope that's not the kiss of death!

regards

BB

cool.gif

We need all the glory seekers we can get. Welcome aboard the Fleet bandwagon.

Hopefully a big crowd will be down Stonebridge Road on Saturday, with no other locals/london teams playing and Stevenage hopefully bringing a few, a crowd of over 1600 is the least that we should be looking at.

Re Halifax - hopefully will be in the 3 pigeons before the game. See you there.

Nobody who shouted the Fleet on like you did during that fantastic FA Cup triumph at Chester could possibly be a bandwaggon jumper. I seem to remember a "celebrity status" photo of you appearing on here during our first Conference season, too.

Time for your 1st visit to Stonebridge Road, theatre of dreams, this season?

EC

Yeah it was 'that' FA Cup encounter against Huddersfield Town that sparked my initial interest in GNFC.

I was sooooooo impressed with the Fleet performance that day. Had it not been for a late, late goal by Leon Knight, Fleet would have earned at least a replay. In truth, they deserved to win the whole damed match -t'was daylight robbery! The shear effort of the Fleet boys on the field and of course absolute unstinting support from Kent that day won me over and I've been hooked ever since.

Okay, I only listen (Radio Kent over the net) and receive texts (thanks to Graham S) from afar most of the time, with the odd game up t'north thrown in but I just love it!

From the very beginning I knew the club was on the up and now the team is at last starting to show that the football league is a real possibility!

Long may it continue!

I have several other 'obsessions' in my life and now the Mighty Fleet are firmly there too.

BB cool.gif