Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dwindling crowds.

Hempstead Gaz

If you take a look at the confguide site and look under attendances,I think we have the biggest increase over this time last year and the second biggest increase of the average.I know that the defeat may dent this a bit if we dont pick ourselves up straigth away,but I am hearing all the time, that people who havent been down for years are turning up see the fleet,and when I do the gate it seems to be busier each match.I know 2000 is the holy grail but if Andy and the boys can keep us near the top I am sure it will come.

Well if people make suggestions of how to make people aware of the club and they are put down..........the Fleet don't deserve gates of 200..........let alone 2000.....typical!

Nobody seems to have a clue on how else to get bigger crowds..........Isn't that the job of the Commercial Manager........seems to have gone quiet in that department...............Maybe he has posted on the Official website........Then nobody will ever see it...What a way to keep people informed!!

The Darts have fixture lists in a couple of Swanscombe pubs as well.

I believe the george and dragon at the top of the hill does. And thats right on our doorstep.

There taking the p*ss boys..

Lets grasp the opportunity

The George & Dragon is a "dartford" pub as a) it is in the borough of Dartford & b)there are a few Dartford fans that drink in there !!!

There are plenty of pubs in Gravesham that can be touted !! but...posters don't get there on there own !!So...quit winging and get posting !! If there are any fixture lists in poster form, I am sure we can all take a couple and put up in our locals and the town pubs ??

Cheers,

elephant.gif

I did that last year. I designed them, printed them off and stuck them up in town centre pubs and cafes along with pubs & shops in my neck of Northfleet. Then I thought, why the f*** am I doing this when there's full time staff at the club that should be doing it as part of their job. And I didn't claim for printer cartridges, travelling expenses,........egg & bacon............beer........................

The Dartford poster thing has been going for years. If the club could provide them, say at match days in the office or in the club shop etc. then I'm sure a few people would pick them up and put them up, so to speak. For a Southern league, Eastern div. side to have more poster advertising than a Conference National side is pretty poor, really. Also don't forget they get coverage in the Dartford versions of the Messenger and Reporter (Times) as well.

well said john -

it is something that the club needs to take a lead in.

There are plenty of punters willing to wander around a few licensed premises. Its not just pubs , its schools , libraries, train stations etc

But we need the posters supplied to do it.

If some were available in the hut at each game advertising forthcoming fixtures , I am sure people would pick them up and distribute them.

PS. Swanscombe had always been 50/50 where the Fleet and Darts are concerned, but with the Darts recent demise the Fleet fans are now in the ascendency, but with a new ground on the horizon the Darts could rise again in what should be fertile ground for finding new Fleet fans.

With the wind now in our favour , now is the time to speculate to accumulate. I remember the Fleet advertising forthcoming fixtures in the local Swanscombe & Greenhithe residents newsletter a year or so ago , but that seems to have dropped now.

I agree with all the above points. The club need to be more proactive in advertising what is going on.

There are people willing to distribute posters, if the club want to get some to me in the Trust Hut then I will be happy to give them out.

It's time for Aitken etc to start doing a bit!

During the ryman league-winning campaign, there were posters available in the club shop advertising the next 2 fixtures. I put one up in Dartford Grammar School and several people asked me questions, and one or two even came along. These posters were nothing fancy, just hand-written, with the club badge at the top- simple but effective. Surely we can manage that again?

I think schools, youth clubs, pubs like the King's Head are the ideal places to target our publicity, as children might ask their parents to take them, get hooked, grow up and encourage friends to go with them as well. Well thats what happened in my case! The older generations already know the club exists and if they don't go already, they probably aren't interested, generally-speaking.

Top notch Whitebucket!

Seems like there's a lot of you are willing to get off your ar5es and "get out there" and help your club. Makes a change from reading whinge after whinge and no positive action from other clubs'(fans'forum) supporters.

A free pint or two every now and then for all those who volunteer wouldn't break the bank. wink.gif

btw

Quote:
FLEETFANNo1USA said:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=353&thread=237

Maybe this will help..

Cracking link, FFUSA. It's refreshing to see Club Officials listening to supporters' suggestions. I wonder if that fella's got the job? Not quite Saatchi Brothers, but he appears to possess the entrepreneural spirit and talent his club needs. P'raps Whitebucket should do Fleet's official website?

I'm sure the club had loads made up with just next home match written on them and then the date and opponents were written in.

They have done it before so no reason why they can't do it again. I would post this on the official forum but it won't load on my work computer.