Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Game..

Matt (GNFC)

Does Moore's suspension come into force straight away then? If it does I can see us having a big problem.

And I do agree about Rouse playing as a winger rather than full back. I'm sure he played there during pre-season in front of Skinns a number of times and was very effective. Especially in the Welling game if I remember right.

On the subject of pre-season, Pinnock was one of our best players imo. It looked as though he was trying to claim a place in the starting lineup and his efforts seem to have gone unrewarded. How many minutes has he actually had so far this season? About 50 at the most? He deserves a chance, preferably alongside Roy as they work well together.

I've noticed that long balls seem to have slowly made there way back into our game over the last few weeks. Maybe coinciding with the arrival and playing of Louis? Personally I have no problem with a long ball if 1. Its too a tall player, 2. the ball is going to go into a threatening area of their half, or 3. The ball goes direct to a player and its easy to bring back down. There is just no point in hoofing the ball from the edge of our area to their halfway line in an attempt to relieve some pressure, because it doesn't! It goes straight back to there defenders who start the attack again. We need to try and spread the ball wide when our centre backs get it and work our way forward along the floor till we see an opening.

Overall though I have to say some of the lads seemed to be tryin hard today but it just didn't come off for them. The result wasn't a fair reflection of our performance or Barnets. But I can see them still being a major contender for the title by April.

Quote:
Robbo said:
Does Moore's suspension come into force straight away then?

Yes.

I think Wobbly's quite right about the team changes - it's almost as though, after such a long unbeaten run, a defeat last week panicked Andy into making changes which weren't really necessary. Having said that, again I'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight, and given Andy's excellent managerial record with us, I still put my total faith in his selections in the long run.

Don't worry about yesterdays result guys, you're playing that tw@ John Still's Dagenham on Tuesday - make sure they get another stuffing!!!!

4-1 wasn't a fair reflection on the game. On chances we deserved to win but I get the impression that both teams were not at their best (we definitely weren't). We created some great chances but were gifted 2 of our goals by your keeper and he may have been at fault for the first as well. I actually thought you controlled long spells of the game but just lacked the cutting edge to really threaten our goal. You were definitely better in the second half as you seemed to keep the ball on the deck more instead of just looking for Essandoh in the air every time.

If you keep up your work rate and commitment and produce a bit more quality in the final third, you will definitely be in with a shout for the play offs. Good luck to ya, nice to see the p/t teams competing!

BTW, was Hatchy's elbow as bad as everyone seems to be suggesting? From the Main Stand I actually thought he caught him with his hand. Hope the guys nose heals properly though!

Well, good luck and turn a few of the top teams over for us will ya?

Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:

I am a big Fan of Andy Ford, but I thinked he boobed yesterday. Hopefully he won't take any more notice of the 'experts' on here.

Well he'd done ok out of it until the Hereford game!! wink.gif

If Wilko played yesterday and the result was just the same how many fans would be moaning because Andy didn't give Mitten a go. Mitten played well during pre-season and with Wilko having a dodgy spell, Fordy was right to make the change.
It was worth trying Jeff and Roy together as well. NLP gave Jeff top rating for the Fleet!?

I think the team is badly missing Skinns & Gledhill. Proths & Lovell should be in midfield. Proths has been nowhere near his standard of last season.

Some may knock him but Porter being injured has also been a major loss for us at the back.

Pinno deserves a run out but I still don't think any of our strikers are good enough. We still need that poacher with a killer finish.

Would like to the see the midfield be more creative and pick out our players with their crosses rather than a hit and hope.

Let's get back to playing ball to feet and give the Daggers a good thrashing again on Tuesday.

Come on you Reds........

re the dropping of Manny after the Hereford game- ironic that he has been voted the internet man of the match for that game. Its probably been said before, but in my opinion he is the key that can open up defences, and he encourages the passing game, at which we're most effective.

re the lack of central defenders for tuesday- I don't suppose we can persuade Ade to play one last time?!

Quote:
CC said:
re the lack of central defenders for tuesday- I don't suppose we can persuade Ade to play one last time?!

I thought the same but wondered if the Club has him as a registered player? There's also that player who was at Carshalton last season who we have yet to see - isn't he a centre half?

Its at times like this you realise how useful Matt Lee was to have in your squad in terms of versatility. other options include pushing Saunders back into central defence and moving Protheroe into midfied so Gledhill can be brought back. Even with no recognised central defenders Andy still has plenty of options.

His probably mulling over his options as I type!

That Bouadji guy from Carshalton has looked decent in the stiffs, but then so did Garry Abbott.

If Shearer isn't fit, which is likely, although he has claimed that he will play through the pain if needed then I expect Saunders to play there with Bouadji with Gledhill and Skinner at full back. I suppose Fordy could spring a suprise and play someone random there like Jefferson.

Quote:
CC said:
re the dropping of Manny after the Hereford game- ironic that he has been voted the internet man of the match for that game. Its probably been said before, but in my opinion he is the key that can open up defences, and he encourages the passing game, at which we're most effective.

I think Ade has his hands full caring for his new baby, let alone time to play football.
Bye the way, congrats to Ade.

Regarding Mitton versus Wilko. I wasn't at the game on Saturday due to a breakdown in communication with my cars electrics and the alternator. (How about that for Devine intervention!) So I can't comment on Mittons performance.

However, I think there is NOTHING to choose between the two as far as who should be our number 1. They are both class goalkeepers.

Wilko is a great shot stopper and has great positional sense, but is prone to lacking in concentration at times. I have rarely seen a better catcher of crosses at this level of football, (with the exception of that guy who played for Chester last year!)

Mitton is nowhere near as spectacular, but has better positional sense and seems to be more focussed during a game. He is also has a good command of his area as well, he appears less vocal than Wilko, but seems a calmer individual.

The major difference is Wilkos awful kicking! In my opinion, if he could kick a ball in a straight line he had the ability to make it at League level. As it stands, when he does hit the green bit in front of him, he gets around of applause from the terraces! Its true isn't it!!!

If only we could put the two together, what a keeper that would be!

As far as the keepers are concerned, I think that we should consider ourselves lucky to have two such talented players, there are far more important things to worry about, like getting my car fixed!