Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gazza must be bored this week with nothing to moan about

"Gazza" has been in hospital matey boy.<p>Now swallow those words with an apology (if you are "man" enough).<p>And as for moaning, I put up a constructive arguement based on what I see. Okay, so recently I haven't been that positive but in all honesty do you think there was anything positive in the Heybridge game or are you just one of sad "yes" men that puts up with that kind of rubbish!!!<p>Considering the potential of the team at the beginning of the season, I am pretty disapointed with what has been happening on the pitch. Lack of confiedence, performance and commitment. Look at KK's performance as an example. 5 goals at the beginning of the season and then what when he came back... Even Lee Williams (most improved player this season) has had his head down for a number of games.<p>I'm really pleased that we have won two games in a row but consider the position we would've been in if the problems of this season had been sorted out positivly and not by publicly slagging team members off in public. I believe the supporters also got a roasting in the local papers. <p>Let me point out that I am a die hard 'Ricay supporter but I am not someone who will put up with what we have been watching for most of this season without passing some comment. I pay my £7 with you and the rest and feel that this season the support has been very much one way. Example- look at what the Supporters Club have achived this season - raising the profile of the club in the town, which have led to the gates up. If you think that the gates are up because of the team performances than I have to disagree with you. It would be nice if the team gave John Mapp & Co a performance with which to say "thank you". Or at least someone from the club should.<p>Okay, I do not expect to win every game and like I said, I could watch 'em loose every game if they went down with some sort of fight, pride and commitment. But, and the Heybridge game is a very good example, they haven't. I have to question the tactics employed. At times the teams tatical awareness has been missing... Is that a fault of the management not putting over their instructions clearly enough or players not listening?<p>So to conclude. Maybe I expect too much from the team or even this season but the management's five year plan hasn't really got going and we have only two more years to run. I consider myself to be a reasonable person and (may I say) am the first to praise the team when they deserve it (when the club forum was running, there was a sad lack of supporters getting on that band wagon - can't remember ever seeing you there...) but this season has been dire and I think we will be very lucky to end up in the top ten.<p>Here is a thought. Next season we have got to do better to compete for a placing in the new league set up. Do you think we have built a squad, on the performances of this season, to do it?<p>Be nice to know your opinion on that.

I hope you're feeling better Gazza, and it wasn't anything too serious for you to be hospital.<p>The performances against Enfield and Hampton have been much better than Heybridge. The football hasn't been the best but we've battled well and looked reasonably solid at the back. As far as "building a squad" for next season goes, the key thing (as ever) is to find a regular goal scorer. The BIG difference between us and Braintree, Grays is that we lack a 20 goal a season player. If our best striker had scored 20 this season instead of 5 then I have no doubt we'd be looking at a top 4 finish. Unfortunately goalscorers are like gold dust - maybe Chibogu or Fayenuwo will be the answer.

Cheers lads for the "smiles". <p>Haven't really been active as regular visits to the hospital as an "out" patient has kept me busy.<p>I did get to the Canvey game and pulled myself up short with MY negative attitude (which has been showing on this message board of late).<p>After all it is only a game and with that great comedy duo of Borg and Calder in charge of Billericay, we at New Lodge can only hope for a bunch of clowns playing for us (especialy when we start with Snowshill).<p>Still, a win at Maidenhead (and did Snowshill really replace Baker - Christ he must've played badly, Baker that is).<p>See more comments further up...on another messge.

With the exception of Canvey (I wasn't there, natch) our away form has been markedly better than home - Wins at Enfield, Hampton and now Maidenhead. From where I was standing at maidenhead, it looked like Joe picked up a slight knock.<p>It's good to have you back Gazza tongue.gif" border="0