Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan.c

the locals

I quote "Residents fear plans to relocate Billericay Town F.C. to Basildon will sound the death knell for one of the area's last green lungs". It seems that some are none to happy about losing the exsisting site to a football club. If their Council hadn't sold off all the land in Billericay to property devolpers, we might not have had this situation.

Just read the articles in the Billericay Weekly News.... Ryan and The Vas now famous.... Nimbys out in force - have they seen the site? Hardly destroying wildlife just an area of grassland only used by people walking their dogs.... But my favourite is "we are plagued enough with crime and vandalism without adding to it" - there is every reason to think that this kind of development would reduce the problems in Gloucester Park - My "other" club - Southampton - have been credited with revitalising one of the worst parts of the city (St. Mary's) with their new ground - why should it not be the same in Basildon. My understanding is that the Gloucester Park develoment will provide sports and leisure facilities for the local community to use which can only be a good thing.