Welcome to the new sotware Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
FleetFanatic

Today's match

Surey's actually a centre midfielder, just being played sort of on the left side as we can't leave that side exposed. Personally I think the 3 centre mids all playing at once has been an integral part of our success this season. However, it seems to work better playing away as a much defensive and tighter midfield. Perhaps at home, we could experiment with two attacking wide wingers? Moussa and Drury.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but have people forgotten Mr Jimmy Jackson? I still believe there is a place for him in our midfield - it would look far more secure than, as suggested above, both Drury and Moussa starting as wingers. I don't feel Jacko has been given enough of a chance to prove himself this year, plus he might tighten the defensive aspect of our game and he is very useful with set pieces. I remember those halcyon days of the Ryman league where the Jacko/Skinns partnership was so productive and, with the use of their skill on the wing, we could partially eliminate the long-ball tactics that sometimes slip into our game. Just a thought...