Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Abuse Shame The Gazette

This is old , unsubstantiated news (letter) about those supposedly abusive text messages to the council leader. Nothing has come out of that, nothing has been followed up and nothing in this letter suggests to me that there were in fact ANY such texts. It got front page coverage for the council and that was also i.m.o. a ploy for people to take pity on him and at the same time to devalue our club. I personnally have e.mailed Mr. Ezekiel on many occasions as you are aware but apart from asking him to pull his finger out have been extremely polite. Am sure others have done so also and any inferrence that ANY true supporter has "abused" the leader is completely out of order. Depends on the content and as to what you call abuse I suppose. Of course this hasn't been proven or followed up and there will be certain individuals that may go one step too far, including those that oppose the stadium and our club. Yes, even those people.It could be in the realms of a possibilities that they that COULD do such a thing to discredit us.

All this has come and gone and this letter is obviously trying to re-stir things. From a Margate football supporter it says but no name. Sounds to me like another annon who is afraid to show his face after the event. I can name one (but wont,though you all know of whom I am talking) who professes to being a fan yet continually goes against every decision that the club and its supporters make. No! thats not a fan. Its a trouble maker.

This is old news and not proven so not worth bringing up again.

If real abuse has been forwarded then the culprit should be brought to justice but I doubt for one minute that any case will be answered by anyone.

Its TEXT messages not the internet apparently.

Fully agree with you MF. We should all ignore this as it is not only old news but not been proven.I notice that this topic was started by an annon also. Sorry annons but without giving us your name we have to assume that most of you are afraid for some reason to actually put a name to a post. Adds more weight then to your arguments!

How sad that some undesirables has to lower themselves to send abusive text mesages to the leader of the council regarding Margate Football Club Bla Bla Bla no name must be a Tory

PS 50p down the drain.

It sounds to me like the council are dragging up old anti MFC press to make the dreaded announcement, i'm expecting them to want to check plans for the temporary ground before it goes ahead too, It does not sound good.

Mick

Why would the Gazette want to help the council? If anything, they would want the opposite. The letters page is open to anyone. Write a reply, as long as it doesn't breach the libel laws they will print it.

The Gazette and the council are NOT best buddies. If the press can print bad news about the council it will. Anything that is positive about Thanet will get short change from the local press, just check out the stories about EU Jet for example.

We had a simillar accusation leveled at Slough Town fans by the leader of Slough Borough Council, he stated that Fans of the Football Club were leaving offensive messages on his phone, and sending him offensive Emails, but when challenged to prove this no proof was forthcoming, also Slough Fans offered to asisst in locating the alleged culprits, but the offer of help was refused. It seems that councils do not change whoever might be in power.

Congratulations on being able to return to your home, some day it might happen to Slough Town.

Cheers for that, Andrew. Slough should, if there was any justice in the world, play at it's own home ground, just the same as MFC.

It seems a pity that many clubs such as ours around the country can be held to ransom by those elected to make our lives better.

If I cast my mind back over the past few months, I can recall all manner of character slurs levelled at KP, the manager, various players, even supporters too. No letters in the paper about all that! We must constantly be on our guard against this sort of divisive stuff. This alleged abuse of the council leader has had the same effect. It causes divisions amongst us as a group who are trying to keep our club alive, at a time when we need to stay solidly together.

This so called abuse against Ezekiel could have been cleared up in a matter of days if

a)The police were given all the relevant information

b)The Leader of the Council actually received such texts/calls/whatever.

The number from which these so called abusive messages came from would be shown and the police CAN trace these back to the supplies be it Vodafone O2 BT etc.

The fact that nothing seems to have happened points to the fact that the calls/texts/whatever NEVER happened and Ezekiel made the whole story up. If that is the case he should be questioned about wasting police time.

(he certainly has wasted Margate club and fans time inthe last 3 years)

Frankie

I have today spoken to a very good friend of mine,yes he is a carpet fitter and he has seen the text messages sent to SE.Now before anybody gets on my case all I am saying is the text messages do exist,yes they could have been self sent or by somebody who wants to make out they are a MFC fan but they do exist.