Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Harry J Allstars

The Thursday Quiz??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as most of us will be at Northwich tommorrow I thought I'd bring the Friday question a day forwards, and obvious name chnage was enforced.

Have Gravesend & Northfleet played in every county in England, and if not how many have we played in and who has seen us play in the most?

Cheers.

I have no idea of the answer but it's a good question.

I'll throw in these counties:

Kent

Essex

West Yorkshire

Lancashire

Hampshire

for starters...

Devon,

Dorset,

West Sussex,

East Sussex,

Cambridgeshire,

Wiltshire,

Herefordshire,

Staffordshire,

Hertfordshire

Quote:
Harry J Allstars said:
Have Gravesend & Northfleet played in every county in England?

Counties in England are all a bit confusing now given government's decision to have split counties, amalgamated counties, unitary authorities, metropolitan counties and the like, but in old money I'd assume that it is unlikely that we have ever played in Westmoreland, Rutland, Northumberland and Cornwall. Any takers?

Quote:
If not how many have we played in?

I'm guessing, that Northfleet has played in each of the 35 others (in England) at least once.

Quote:
Who has seen us play in the most?

Using the traditional counties, I've seen Northfleet play in 13:
Kent, Essex, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Suffolk, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Staffordshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire (West Riding).

Quote:
Student Scum said:Using the traditional counties, I've seen Northfleet play in 13:
Kent, Essex, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Suffolk, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Staffordshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire (West Riding).

Using the same system:

Kent, Essex, Dorset, Staffordshire, Yorkshire (West and North Ridings), Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Middlesex, Bedfordshire, Gloucestershire, Cheshire, Lancashire, Warwickshire, Shropshire, Northamptonshire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Devon, (West) Sussex, Cumberland.

So 21 in my case (or 22 if you're sneaky and count the Yorkshire Ridings separately). Of course, some more senior Fleet supporters will undoubtedly be able to trump this, but it just goes to show how much you can get around when following the Fleet - especially when we're in a national division as we are now.