Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hiya!!

I've only just registered on this shiny brand new forum so don't know quite what to say at the moment. So to help get the ball rolling I will state for the record that I'm a Kingstonian supporter (cue inevitable abuse!). However, if anyone out there wants to have a sensible chat/debate with me then please feel free to respond. I'm sure that with more members the floodgates will open and the threads will be just as lively and entertaining as they are on our own club forums (he says hopefully). So, over to you!

smile.gif" border="0 Hi, I too am new to this board but, like you, look forward to some sensible, humourous and slightly biased banter. That is what football at our level is mostly about.<P>You lot are coming down to Canvey on Saturday. We've not had the best of starts but after a refreshing win on Tuesday night against a lively lot from Enfield, we are confident that we might turn you over. Trouble is, we are still living on our performances from last season and it has taken a while for the message to sink in that you are only as good as your last match.<P>BTW One of yours posted a message on the Canvey discussion board asking about pubs on the island. After I spend hours creating a pub location map for our site. <A HREF="http://www.canveyfc.com/travel/directions.htm" TARGET=_blank>Canvey FC</A><P>See you/hear you/ beat you up on Saturday ;-)<P><BR>[ 06 September 2001: Message edited by: Merv CIFC ]<p>[ 06 September 2001: Message edited by: Merv CIFC ]

D'you know - I have a sneaky suspicion that we (K's) might win on Saturday. Our start to the season has been atrocious, but the last couple of games have shown that some of the players are at last waking up to the fact that they need to WORK in this league!<P>I don't know how many of us there will be, but I think it'll be a good game.

I honestly thought that Kingstonian would be the team to go up this year, and Canvey would suffer as Aldershot did last season... To much is expected of them. But we are only 7 games into the campaign aren't we?!<P>Matt tongue.gif" border="0

Matt, We Shots did indeed suffer last season, I put it down to too much booze at Christmas,as our bad run started Boxing day at Westley's Armband stadium. This season we are looking to have it in the bag at around the 35th match, just incase the full 42 don't materialise again wink.gif" border="0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Len:<BR><STRONG>Matt, We Shots did indeed suffer last season, I put it down to too much booze at Christmas,as our bad run started Boxing day at Westley's Armband stadium. This season we are looking to have it in the bag at around the 35th match, just incase the full 42 don't materialise again wink.gif" border="0</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This year expect your collapse to start one week later on New Year's Day<BR> wink.gif" border="0