Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Debate

I would love to see that but why would Steve Whittington relinquish control over a club that he has put money into? If I were in his shoes I certainly wouldn't unless I was compensated financially and neither club has the funds to do that (I don't think).

But maybe he wouldn't mind relinquishing control of a club that is costing him money(and will continue to do so indefinately) ???

He wouldn't be finacially resposable for the club if Town merged with them,he could still be on the board,and he would have the satisfaction of knowing he helped reunite football in Enfield,and in doing so giving the people of Enfield a greater chance of seeing the glory days back again.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
I would love to see that but why would Steve Whittington relinquish control over a club that he has put money into? If I were in his shoes I certainly wouldn't unless I was compensated financially and neither club has the funds to do that (I don't think).
Your right mr happy I dont think he would. And BRUNOB we wouldn't want spiteful sarcastic idiots like you . so dont lose any sleep over it.

Where was the spiteful sacastic comment, I have not had a go just said to get on with our own clubs as we want?

Quote:
Brunob said:
Not back biting, I don't have a go about the old club which for me no longer exists, just wanting to get on with MY club and leaving other clubs to get on with what they want.
I'm afraid we do exist and we are not going away so get the fact well and truly through your thick head, I myself have noticed your attitude towards Enfield F C Mr Brunob and i am convinced that you have a seriuos problem with us, May be you should go to anger managment classes to excorice your lazarou demons, It is pleasing to see that most enfield town fans bear our club no malice but I'm afraid that the likes of Brunob only fuel hatred by his negative comments. At the end of the day the Fans and board members from both clubs will decide what happens and not twisted people with sad pathetic lives who have nothing better to do with their time other than to frequent this forum on a several times a day basis. Brunob your an embarrassment to your club and they should considor banning you.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Quote:
Brunob said:
Not back biting, I don't have a go about the old club which for me no longer exists, just wanting to get on with MY club and leaving other clubs to get on with what they want.
I'm afraid we do exist and we are not going away so get the fact well and truly through your thick head, I myself have noticed your attitude towards Enfield F C Mr Brunob and i am convinced that you have a seriuos problem with us, May be you should go to anger managment classes to excorice your lazarou demons, It is pleasing to see that most enfield town fans bear our club no malice but I'm afraid that the likes of Brunob only fuel hatred by his negative comments. At the end of the day the Fans and board members from both clubs will decide what happens and not twisted people with sad pathetic lives who have nothing better to do with their time other than to frequent this forum on a several times a day basis. Brunob your an embarrassment to your club and they should considor banning you.

I have NOT had a go at EFC, I have friends who are still there, If you read what I put instead of trying to tell me what I put you will see all I said was we should BOTH get on with our own clubs and not tell each other how our clubs should be run.

For me the EFC i started to support ended when Southbury road was knocked down and lesser clubs started to make the most famus non-league club in the country, look ordinary.

I visit the forum a couple of times a day and only put my thoughts and if you dont like it TOUGH.

I have no hatred to the old club and still visit occasionly and have met a couple of decent EFC fans that are on here and they know who I am,will you come out and let us know who you are?

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN FOR YOU, I DONT SLAG OFF THE OLD CLUB AND JUST WANT THE CLUBS TO GET ON WITH THEIR OWN BUSINESS, IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Quote:
Mr Happy said:

Steve has asked me to say that even though he may be chairman he dose not own the club he is only one of five people who run the club everyone has a job and title at the club and he's hapens to be chairman yes he has put in a lot of money into EFC but so have the rest of us that are on the committee

Exactly Syrup and those people are hardly going to give up on their investment which would have to be one of the criteria for a merger. As things stand I just don't see any merger taking place. Too many obstacles. In any case, is one needed ? We forget that there are 2 other clubs in non league football playing regularly but we dont think we should merge with them.

THM

Lets face it fellas a merger would probably not be the best thing would it ! That would go against all the hard work in setting up Enfield Town in the first place and reaching the same level in the pyramid as Enfield - surely your goal now must be to pass Enfield in the pyramid and keep on going - seems as though a few of you have given up the ghost now the teams are in the same division. I might be talking drivel and as an "outsider" my views may not be welcome but such is life.

Quote:
Mick Mean it Magnusson said:
Lets face it fellas a merger would probably not be the best thing would it ! That would go against all the hard work in setting up Enfield Town in the first place and reaching the same level in the pyramid as Enfield - surely your goal now must be to pass Enfield in the pyramid and keep on going - seems as though a few of you have given up the ghost now the teams are in the same division. I might be talking drivel and as an "outsider" my views may not be welcome but such is life.

The first decent words by an outsider, We should all just concentrate on our own clubs and leave others to run their clubs by whatever methods and set-ups they chose.

We must prove that we are the only team the borough needs by getting on with making OUR club the biggest and best we can, as nobody else Will do it for us. I dont blame or complain about anybody at the old club as they are trying to do the same thing THEIR way.

If a merger doesn't happen,i will not lose any sleep over it.Enfield Town has set very good foundations,and EFC people probably feel that are in the process of doing the same.

Syrup,from what you say,it seems that the criteria of being on the EFC board is digging deep into your own pockets.I admire you for doing that,but please realise that you will have to do that season ,after season ,after season,just to maintain what you have now.If you have ambitions of progressing ,all your pockets will have to get deeper and deeper.

Also,when it is mentioned that EFCs board have invested large sums of money.Well what do you think ETFC people have invested in the last four years,both in monetary terms,and the thousand of hours of man hours in securing and constantly improving facilities.

The best "investment" any fan can make to their club is buying a ticket on matchdays , I doubt ETFC could have maintained their good form over these past few seasons without getting 250-300 at their games putting cash in the coffers .

Right thats enough ETFC loving for one season , i cant wait to stick a few past you boys !!

Quote:
Steph said:
I left EFC, though I went to the matches, when we played at St Albans. I got to the ground early for once and went into the bar. There were no Enfield fans in the club house and I looked around and all I could see was St Albans memorobilia. There was no honours board for efc or the international players who had played for the club. No photographs of EFC at Wembley etc and I realised that it was not my club any more.

I just read through this thread again and this popped out at me.

Where is all the stuff that Steph mentions, I have not seem anything at Ware, and some was at Cheshunt stored away but thats not there any more, so where did it all go.

Has anyone at Town still got it all stored away ?

There was some photo's on the wall of the club at Southbury Road that belonged to me, with Team photo's and Programme covers of the 4 finals at wembley. does anyone know where they went it would be nice to get them back.

As for a merger, I cant see it working and what if the people who never supported EFC and have joined Town since the split did not want to merge would they then go off and start there own team.

The ESL seem to be more that happy to accomodate sides newly formed.

Quote:
Freebird said:

As for a merger, I cant see it working and what if the people who never supported EFC and have joined Town since the split did not want to merge would they then go off and start there own team.

The ESL seem to be more that happy to accomodate sides newly formed.

I assume it would be the same for EFC fans who don't want to merge with ETFC.

THM