Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Ended up only 6 cars racing. Apparently the spectators were so pissed off with events that bottles and cans were thrown on to the track and there was booing and heckling during the podium presentation.

Made for very depressing viewing. So disappointing that everybody concerned couldn't come to a more suitable agreement. At least Brazil vs Mexico was on afterwards to provide some sort of entertainment.

there are decent sized F1 type tracks in America (Watkins Glen in New York and Infineon Raceway in California) so why not race there? Why this stupid one tyre rule? And why were Michelin's tyres so rubbish that they could have seriously injured someone?

It was a farce but for the first time in ages I actually watched a whole Grand Prix programme. Michelin sent the wrong tyres btw they did have sets that were perfectly safe. They were just on the wrong continent.

Quote:
gnfcmightymole said:
with six cars in the race i just knew it was going to be a ferrari 1-2 coz they 1000 times better than jorden and minardi

that may well be the most... in fact I don't think I can actually top that

Stoddart is talking about sueing Max Mosley.

This could get very interesting.

you have to remember that Bridgestone's subsidiary company Firestone provides the tyres for the Indy Car series and so knew exactly what sort of pressures would be placed on the tyres and built them accordingly. Michelin don't do any testing at a banked oval circuit and so were only basing their tyre construction on guesswork and what worked last year.

The best thing for F1 would be to go with Bridgestone as the sole tyre supplier because unless Michelin splash out to do some testing at an American circuit, the exact same thing would happen next year.

As an aside, I really think that F1 should be looking at Watkins Glen in NY and Infineon Raceway in California as circuits for the race as they are both more typical F1 tracks than a converted oval, even if Infineon is a bit small for an F1 race or the road curcuit at Daytona which they use for the 24 hour race.