Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chenners

A Non E Mouse

What do people feel about Chenners for this comeing season?

Doesn't appear to be much comment on him lately.

He seemed to piss a lot of fans off last year with some irrational tackles, performance and talk of him being Jeffs pet.

Now that we have more depth within the team - does he seriously have any chance of gaining a starting position?

Possibly Jeff keeps him as a utility player after moving into midfield during some games last year in case of injuries.

Whats your thoughts?

chenners is part of canvey history a great player in a great team.but i think now possibly we have better defenders(may he prove me wrong) he seems great bloke to have around as he never seems to stop talking. he will play a part the season just not from the off for me i dont know what everyone else thinks

If we sign Conroy and he remains injury free, I seriously cannot see Chenners getting much of a look in this season.

But as Rich has said, a good player for utility and although he might've fallen down the pecking order it's good to know we have him to cover a variety of positions.

One thing I'm really glad about these new signings is that it gives us at least two players to every position now. One more Midfielder for me, (most likely from the Reserves) and we'll be set.

Chenners has played a big part in recent Canvey history which is why he will always have a place in people's hearts at the club (staff & supporters) and rightly so, but i honestly feel he is not good enough for this level anymore. As mentioned his tackling is very erratic and he has know pace and is found out far to many times.

This season we have plenty of defenders to choose from and if i was picking the team he wouldnt get in my squad but i do feel jeff will pick him to start the season.

Quote:
richard sparkes said:
i dont think we are going to sign conroy but i maybe wrong

It's more likely we'll sign Tommy Laws.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived