Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poor run of form

fanoftheblues

Quote:
fanoftheblues said:
Quote:
GazzaBTFC said:
I took your comment to it's furthest meaning

Isn't that what tabloid rags like "The Sun" do? (see your first post in this thread).

What it comes down to is that you think that today is a one off and the last two games were O.K where as I think we haven't played well for the last three games, when you say get some perspective well, there it was, I think you just didn't like it because it is different from yours. In my opinion we have had problems conceeding early goals, in communication on the pitch, playing the long ball that hasn't worked, and not getting enough crosses into the box. Anyway I think we could just go round in circles here so I'll leave it at that. You have your opinion I'll have mine and we will all be there on Tuesday supporting the team.

What is this...a little back handed criticism? Nowt like patronising me is there? You had your opinion, I challenged it. Okay, maybe a little harshly but I think it a liitle too much, lets put it in a lighter tone, hyperbole, to turn around and ask, "Why has it all gone wrong".

I haven't said they played well, I said they played badly but lets keep some persepctive here, it's one bloody game. Fair enough, against a side we should've twated but how many times have we done the same as St. Margretsbury? Oh I'm sorry, should it never happen to us? It did, we played badly, normal service will be resumed bur that is hardly worth the question "Why it it all going wrong?" In my opinion, a little over the top. We're still in the cup and we have a chance to reverse the result.

Yes, I will be there on Tuesday, and like you, I will be supporting the team. If we win, I'll be estatic, if we lose, I'll be dissapointed but lets understand one thing, we have not become a bad side over one week!!! Ok? A bit of belief would be nice. And understanding that sometimes, you play badly and have a fall. We pick ourselves up and walk on...get behind the team and face the next challenge.

I dont agree with us being in or even starting a poor run of form.

Maldon - the sending off completely changed the game and despite us pushing to try and win and ultimately to draw we couldnt get the ball in the net for a 3rd or 4th time.

Yesterday - I agree the sending off fiasco was the funniest thing ever - We played on a really poor pitch against a 10 man defensive effort and all credit to them they held out.

Once Danny and a fit again Nathan start banging goals in I am sure we will be fine!

I think there are two issues, yesterdays game and our apparent "poor form"

The facts are in the season proper we have played six games won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1. It is my opinion that that would place us quite highly in any of the last 6 games form guides that you often see bandied around. Going deeper into it we have had home wins against Slough and Chelmsford, a defeat against Maldon which is well chronicled, an excellent away win at Staines, a fair draw at Harrow and then there is yesterdays game.

I thought until the final 10 or 15 we were shocking yesterday. The inability of the management or players to come up with anything good enough to break down a 10 man pub team is in my opinion worthy of concern. Sure their players battled away gamely but there can be no surprise there and we should have been able to easily find enough given the quality we apparently have. In my opinion we had the opportunity to change the game and spread the play but we continued to play much too compactly (until the last 15) which helped them being short-handed (or footed?). The good news is that we have kept a clean sheet for the first time this season and more importantly are still in the competition. Hopefully we can progress on Tuesday.

PS

Just watched MOTD this am. Keeper only booked for handling outside area????

Quote:
BTFC Martin said:
Quote:
GazzaBTFC said:
Ryan spoke to me about the sending off. His question (which gave an indication of his opinion) was, if the ref shows a player a red card, he is off? Isn't the first decision final? Mistake or no mistake?

No, I expect common sense takes over.

Well as it was common sense did but there are ref's that will stick to their first decision, as, I'm sure I understand it correctly, once the red card is shown, it is final. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

As it was, the ref yesterday changed his original decision and sent off the true culprit. A bizarre but brave moment in yesterdays match.

Quote:
GazzaBTFC said:
Quote:
BTFC Martin said:
Quote:
GazzaBTFC said:
Ryan spoke to me about the sending off. His question (which gave an indication of his opinion) was, if the ref shows a player a red card, he is off? Isn't the first decision final? Mistake or no mistake?

No, I expect common sense takes over.

Well as it was common sense did but there are ref's that will stick to their first decision, as, I'm sure I understand it correctly, once the red card is shown, it is final. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

As it was, the ref yesterday changed his original decision and sent off the true culprit. A bizarre but brave moment in yesterdays match.

I expect it falls under the law 'the referees decision is final' and his final decision was change the player sent off.

Anyone I'm not bothered about it because we should be able to beat St.Margaretsbury even if they had 11 men on the pitch for 90 mins let alone playing against 10 men for 60 mins. The fact is we were rubbish.

Probably the worst part of our performances this season have been in defence and we kept a clean sheet, which will only bring the defence confidence despite being against a lower league side. Ultimately if we beat St Margettsbury on Tuesday this one off will be forgotten. Top 6 and still in the cup, things are going reasonably well.

--------------------------------------------------

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com

It would have competely ruined the game if their goalkeeper had been sent off, the ref did the right thing in being brave enough to admit his mistake. Also it was of great comical value.

O.k, I've got another theory to rattle Gazza... the unlucky white kit. Floodlights fail at Folkstone, (in MY opinion but obviously not everyones) a less than great performance last Saturday, the dire result yesterday. Perhaps an Alex Fergusonesque excuse of the players not being able to see each other against the white railing might come out? Still we have still got the Home kit, and nothing has gone against us this season that, well apart from early goals, oh and Maldon...

(Yes Gazza, that one is a Joke!)

I also was disappointed with the team performance yesterday, I’m also disappointed by the reaction of some supporters, particularly after the final whistle and on this forum. Let’s put this into perspective. It was not a good game and let’s give the opposition some credit they did not give up. I think it is insult to call St Margaretsbury a pub team they are 2 levels below us in the pyramid and have earned their place in the first qualifying round (that us playing a Conference team – remember last season playing Exeter and Stevenage). Other results in the Cup yesterday saw AFC and Staines draw against lower opposition. We are still in the Cup and only lost one game.

I was expecting the team to settle quicker this season with the core of last season players still with us but injuries have been a problem, the new players have not yet reach our expectations and we still haven’t got a settled team. But the record speaks for itself, only lost one match and I thought we played some great football against Maldon.

What I was disappointed with was the reception from the St Margaretsbury club. The confusion over the kit and the attitude of the supporters particularly their stewards was appalling. I think we should be helping clubs at a lower level but they just kept saying that we had more money than them. What a difference to the welcome at East Preston last year !

I thought there were some positives from yesterday, Dobson got 90 mins of football at last, we witnessed the comedy moment of the year with sending off incident ( I was waiting for the crowd to shout to the ref ‘he’s behind you’), we kept a clean sheet.

Quote:
fanoftheblues said:
It would have competely ruined the game if their goalkeeper had been sent off, the ref did the right thing in being brave enough to admit his mistake. Also it was of great comical value.

O.k, I've got another theory to rattle Gazza... the unlucky white kit. Floodlights fail at Folkstone, (in MY opinion but obviously not everyones) a less than great performance last Saturday, the dire result yesterday. Perhaps an Alex Fergusonesque excuse of the players not being able to see each other against the white railing might come out? Still we have still got the Home kit, and nothing has gone against us this season that, well apart from early goals, oh and Maldon...

(Yes Gazza, that one is a Joke!)

Actually, it is a thought that I have been pondering. Remember Manchester United and their grey kit. That was deemed to be unlucky and I think they dropped it...even may have changed it at half time.
So no, it didn't rattle me. Sorry to disapoint. Actually, footballers are some of the most superstitious people about.

As for the comments made by Dilbert, yes, the team doesn't play well for one game and the World falls apart...what's that all about?

And I think we should all give those from St. Margaretsbury New Lodge welcome...one that they'll remember us by.

It's your manager it seems. No previous managerial experience, got you releagted then with a massive budget couldn't get you up and now your behind in the league already with fellow big spenders Fisher, Dons and Braintree competing and then to cap it all 0-0 against a bunch of farmers from St. Margetsbury.

Aren't you full time as well?

Quote:
EFM The Firm, The Voice said:
It's your manager it seems. No previous managerial experience, got you releagted then with a massive budget couldn't get you up and now your behind in the league already with fellow big spenders Fisher, Dons and Braintree competing and then to cap it all 0-0 against a bunch of farmers from St. Margetsbury.
Aren't you full time as well?

Highly entertaining...now which league are your lot in....can't quite recall...must be awful supporting such a forgettable club....

Quote:
GazzaBTFC said:
Spurs now isn't it Thornsey, now that they have had a good start to the season and St. Albans aren't doing as well?

St Albans are doing very well indeed. May be worth a bet to get through the play offs.

Quote:
Dilbert said:
I also was disappointed with the team performance yesterday, I’m also disappointed by the reaction of some supporters, particularly after the final whistle and on this forum.

What were you expecting? A standing ovation, well done you held a team 2 levels below you with only 10 men for 60 minutes, who put 10/9 men behind the ball to a 0-0 draw? If we had gone out there and had chance after chance after chance and hit the cross bar about 5 times then, I assume, they would of got a better reception, but they didn't.

I also think they deserve credit for holding us to a draw.

I dont think the ref did make a mistake. He saw what we saw therr GK go in late on Danny injuring him and was sending him off for that thinking that was what the lino had flagged for. It was only when he spoke to the lino who got the wrong no ie. 2 instead of 4 that he realised Danny had been pulled back by the 4. He then reinstated the Gk although he should also have gone off for going in on Danny after he had been pulled down.