Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

lottery grants

First steps playgroup for the disabled the charity which the Recorder is campaigning for has had several lottery applications rejected.It is frustrating when a excellent and needed service is rejected but some less deserving seem to get given money for some strange causes.

Quote:
zody said:
not disabled people, special needs is much nicer way to explain things

Sorry Zody i do not agree totally with that statement.I have 2 children with disabilities one with Cerebal Palsy and one autistic.The lad with cerebal palsy i regard as disabled and the lad with autism i regard as having a speech and language difficulty.The politically correct organisations that decide these name changes do it without asking the people with disabilities what they think.
Branding everyone as having "special needs" means that my lad in a wheelchair is regarded in the same way as some delinquent whose been [****!!****] up by bad parenting and given the label special needs because thats the only way to get funding from the government.
I was refused travel insurance once from a company for my lad because the impression they had of special needs was of some uncontrolable kid who would smash the plane up,the fact that he was unable to walk cut no ice with the company.
Also i have noticed that having special needs is being used as an insult much like spastic was used in the 70s.
I do not have any problems dealing with the fact that i have two disabled children its a hand that god has given me and i have to play with it ,but the pc councils etc seriosly piss me off.
I am not annoyed with Zody because i know that is what he is told in the field he works in and have total respect for him,but on a personal level i object to special needs being used to cover all sins.

Having got into this line of work it has taught me a great deal about human beings.Parents of special needs children are a special kind, Now, I have your attention Think On , they dont have a choice, quite often have to dedicate there lives to looking after them, 24/7 365 days a year, this I can tell you is not easy, whilst in my care I make the journey to and from school a happy one.

Unless you either work with them, or have personal experience of living with someone, you cannot EVER SAY, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

Not every special needs person is born like it, very good friends of mine were dealt a crap hand when 8 years ago Sam was told she had M:E, and now wheelchair bound, she is a sweetie as she keeps me in order, BUT IS THIS FAIR, NO WAY

Point that Cantos makes about other children that have inflicted pain to themselves through abuse and supported by the goverment NO WAY, everyone has a choice, the special needs people dont have a choice normally.

I have had cancer 4 times in different parts of my body, twice life threatening, cannot get mortage protection even though I have had the all clear since 2001, liability says the insurance company.

So I agree with Cantos, we all have to support special needs people, like us they all have a talent and are very caring.

Get to know and understand and PLEASE DONT STARE AT THEM.

Remember this a blind man was listening to someone slagging him off thinking he couldnt understand, until the blind man replied, I cant see you but I can certainly hear you, SO NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER

Zody, I know Sam very well but she doesn't have ME she has MS. Also, she doesn't condsider herself to be disabled, she just can't walk.

Another thing her husband, sister and very close friends often refer to her as 'spaz' 'raspberry' and any other derogatory name you can think of. This is fine but woe betied anybody else taking the p iss but she isn't special needs or anything else you want to call it and definitely not suffering, even when she was saying hello to the other side, but just boring old SAM.

sorry if I typed the condition wrongly, but I feel it isnt nice to call her 'spaz'and taking the P!SS.

My opinion is that everyone has a special need, especially a learning one, I admit to being slowly on the up take than others.

How can someone being boring, they have a personality and a smile and thats enough to make others happy.

Have you actually aked her if she is offended by her husband, sister and close friends calling her names and taking the p iss. I think she is more offended by people treating her as a special case. Perhaps it's their way of coping.

If you was a friend you would know this! How about asking Sam her thoughts instead of talking for her!! I know she prefers people to be up front and honest!!