Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
AFF

The 'missing' 14 million quid.

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere on here.

It would seem that the Treasurer of The Labour Party was unaware that anonymous benefactors [now known as Lord X, Lady Y and Sir James Z, presumably] have loaned the party £14 million over the past couple of years. Now I'm no accountant so could someone explain to me in simple language how that can be?

If we take as a simple example, the household budget at AFF Towers. If I received loans of £14 million and put the money in a bank account and left it there, Mrs AFF [the Treasurer, in this example] would be unaware of the funds available, clearly. If, however, I used the money to buy the finest Beluga caviar, Dom Perignon champagne, and ready meals from Morrisons 'Finest' range, along with a number of other small luxuries, the Treasurer woulld become aware that we were spending far in excess of our income. If she thought that she was eating cod-fish roe and drinking lemonade, she would see the recipts from Harrods and say "Oi! Mr AFF! Where did the money come from that paid these bills?", I would have thought.

Are there any accountants out there who can explain this one to me, perchance?