Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

"Crisis Meeting"

Absolutely gutted but at the moment there are still numerous questions unanswered.

None of the information has been confirmed first hand - but I'm not suprised by what has been "announced".

At the end of the day I'm no expert but questions such as who will manage, what division they will manage in, is the club going to be left in a viable position etc. etc. etc. have not been answered and I don't feel they will for a tad longer yet.

The painful part is not knowing exactly what state the club and it's supporters have been left in/with...........

My understanding is that IF the Club were to fold at some point we would reform into Ryman Division 1 North, (due to restructuring).

But that's the worst that could happen and hopefully we don't have to come to that point.

Hopefully, Glenn will be left in charge as Manager if Jeff steps down from that position but to be realistic I can't see anyway of us managing to keep hold of the likes of Boylan, Minton, Sedgemore etc. unless someone of Jeff's financial value steps in during the Summer.

The way Jeff has pulled out has really done the club no favours, he could have at least given us a season or two's notice so that as supporters we could have looked at doing something..

We now have 3 weeks or so to save the future of the club..

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
My understanding is that IF the Club were to fold at some point we would reform into Ryman Division 1 North, (due to restructuring).

But that's the worst that could happen and hopefully we don't have to come to that point.

The worst that could happen is playing Concord in the ESL. That's one derby I'd rather we weren't involved in.

the journey with Canvey Island football club has been a gloriously exciting one.something i wouldnt have missed for the world.

this is indeed the end of an era,but it is also the beginning of another.

it is down to us to stick together & do whatever we can to help.

we may be a relatively small band,but our supporters are superb.the best i have ever encountered.we can keep this club going.

this is OUR club,and in this its 80th year - it starts a new journey.

Quote:
yellow angel said:
the journey with Canvey Island football club has been a gloriously exciting one.something i wouldnt have missed for the world.
this is indeed the end of an era,but it is also the beginning of another.
it is down to us to stick together & do whatever we can to help.
we may be a relatively small band,but our supporters are superb.the best i have ever encountered.we can keep this club going.
this is OUR club,and in this its 80th year - it starts a new journey.

i agree we cant just sit back and watch it go

Quote:
Paddy.c said:
first we will probably need a new manager (with experience, football manager and championship manager on the ps and computer does not count as experience) any ideas:

Glenn Pennyfather would be my first choice.

Masterminded many CIFC matches while Jeff was on holiday, successfully too - Just think Grays this season!

Nothing 'official' will be put up on a Sunday. More likely tomorrow morning so it can be put into tomorrow's Echo and BBC Essex Sport Bulletins....I could be wrong though.

They knew yesterday, as did Billericay, Chelmsford and Tamworth. It's on Isthmian Fans, ConfGuide, ConfSouth, Sutton United and probably half a dozen other forums by the end of the night. I wouldn't be too worried about what they're saying - Keep your focus on the Club that matters.