Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jeff King IS going to Chelmsford

sidney

Quote:
smallsy said:
chopper if youd have seen the crowds at chelmo when they first went back to melbourne youd see the potential they have. they will be a league club in the next 5-10 years mark my words. i went to the grays game in the essex senior cup QF and the infamous braintree SEMI and they had over 1500 people there on a monday night! derby or not at 8 quid a pop they must be raking it in.

There is certainly a lot of potential there but from what i`ve read about Chelmsford`s ground it would take a lot of work/money to bring it up to Conference standard plus they have a deal with the local council where they can only play a certain amount of games at home per season, is this true?

I wonder what will happen to the squad now? Apparently the fans kmew about this before they did. Will expect if only for that reason they will all go, there will be many takers for these players and we will have to enlist an entirely new team. Doubt if any will follow Jeff.

From what i hear there are only 3 players on contracts for next season so the rest are free to go where they please. The players on contract would probably end up leaving on free transfers because i doubt we could cover their wages.

Apparently Chelmsford would have to make around 150k worth of improvements to there ground to go into the conference..

Apparently Chelmsford do not want to go straight into the conference as they feel they are not ready, this is why Jeff has not moved over there..

Everyone who joined Canvey this season should still be contracted for next season apart from Bimson I believe. There is also Minton, Boylan, Potter and Kennedy who are still contracted for next season too. The rest I think are free to leave at the end of this season.

Those that are contracted for next year we can't afford to keep anyway so will most likely end up being sold.

i am looking forward to all this coming to an end. speculation is a terrible thing. looking forward to hearing what is said at this meeting thursday. its interesting that the general concensus mention dropping to the senior league. good luck whatever is decided, take heart from wimbledon, fc united, hornchurch, telford.

Well it doesn't sound like hes moving coz he just said that he will carry on supporting the club but will pay what others pay. Am i deaf or is that what he said? So the question stands, how does everyone know if he is definately going to Chelmsford? I would like someone to come on here and say how they know for definate and to prove its official. Because so far, it is rumour. Why cant everyone just wait and see what is done and said in the next few weeks because so far no one on here had convinced me that he is going because all i've heard is 'He's going, trust me.' Unless the majority of people on here have been in offices and heard staff from both clubs say these things, it will be a RUMOUR! Can we just ignore people who say these things until they can prove it? We have far more important things to be worrying about at the moment, like where we go from here without Jeff. He is cutting us off so we should be looking at where we take the club, not looking at the things Jeff MAY do in the future.

Quote:
eggy said:
Ronin - Fact is that the conference had agreed that the new club would take its place in the conference.

Jeff only wants to move to Chelmsford if he can continue to manage at Conference level

So there is no Conference rule to prevent this, i have not got time to look but i`m sure it was brought in a few seasons ago.

So you`re saying that Jeff is not going to Chelmsford unless they are in the Conference next season?

Ronin

There are plenty of ways around the league rules eg firts you ground share, then you let the lower club die of attrition, then you change your name to reflect your new geographic location. As far as the league is concerned you haven't merger and you are still the original club.

You would need to get FA approval, but due to the geographic proximity and adjacent catchment areas, I don't believe that this would be a problem.

Essex county council have given Chelmsford permission to increase the capacity to 4,000 so the work could easily be done within a couple of years for conference football.

Jeff is going and going to Chelmsford,im not going to post on this forum names of people who told me the news,that is not the right thing to do.You may not believe me and that's up to you,but you will hear soon enough anyway

It does seem a little convenient that Paul Hopkins decides to take a 2 week holiday just after all this comes out.

That puts him in a position to neither be able to confirm nor deny any speculation whatsoever until the final week of the season - When everything should've been confirmed at Canvey's end already anyway.