Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey resigning from the Conference

Under FA rules, if you drop out you can re-enter three levels down the pyramid.

If we do this, I really think we will struggle to attract any new fans, sponsors or investors, and even to survive.

We MUST fight to stay in the Conference, either National or South, even if we get thrashed every week.

If you are going to be thrashed week in, week out, how do you think that will affect attendances? Sponsors will be available to a successful side getting more coverage and people through the gate. You'd probably get more people through if you're playing at a lower level but winning more often than not, something which I think has helped AFC Hx retain a lot of their support.

Not arguing that we might need to drop from the National, but I think that going below Conf South would be a big mistake putting us back 10 years, with little to attract anyone.

I reckon a couple of seasons and rebuilding in Conf South would be the best. Our correct level at the moment is probably towards the bottom of that division.

Dont want to lose 10-0 every week-- that would be terrible for morale.

If we managed to stay in the conference national by some miracle, I think with the players we would most likely have left, we would probly just slowly bleed to death over the next season or 2 and become the "whipping boys" of the league.

See what happens in the next week or 2, but maybe it would be better to drop 2 or 3 divisions, have our surgery and gradually become stronger and find our new financial and playing level that way.

we need to think that at the end of this season will have NONE of the current squad playing and our wage budget will be no where near what it is now, its all good say con south would be best but its what the club can afford we have to start small to become selfsufficient

margate were put into Conference South a few years ago so hopefully theres where we will go. I know it was down to their ground not being good enough but there must be a way of avoiding dropping 3 levels.

Maybe we could field an ineligible player and get deducted 10 points and be relegated on our points total.

Margate got relegated as their ground wasn't up to standard and they weren't allowed tp ground share.

Administration would cost us 10pt and may get us relegated but has other ramifications.

Not sure how a request for voluntary relegation would go down, they may well chuck us out, and I'm not sure what would happen then in terms of where we would restart.

he is the reserve manager, and the thing i really like about john is he is always will to give the young lads a chance unlike jeff who has only ever given jason a chance, eg jay conroy left him out all season loaned him out and was going to let him go but now he is playing with 3 games to go and has shown that he is good enough he also gives us a but more going forward down the right!