Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisA2002

Ground gradings

Could anyone enlighten me about the ground gradings system?<P>What is actually the demands for a ground to qualify for conference?<P>In Norway I've been to grounds both in norwegian premier league and 1.division who makes New Lodge stand out as Wembley in comparison! (Not kidding!)

I thought it had to do with all the things below:<BR>Turnstiles for fans of each team.<BR>Adequate Floodlighting.<BR>Ample seating<BR>Terracing of some sort all the way round (where there are no seats obviously)<BR>And probably a whole host of other safety type issues, such as crumbling terraces, stewarding,fire access etc.<BR>Also no trees in the terraces, that seems to be a sticky point too. smile.gif" border="0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> As far as I know the perimeter fence has to be at least 8ft high. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So presumably conference graded supporters are all at least 8' 6" tall so they can watch the matches wink.gif" border="0

Grounds are "graded" by both their parent F.A. and the League they play in /aspire to <BR>play in.Larger grounds are covered by the <BR>Safety at Sportsgrounds legislation and are <BR>certificated by the local council.