Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League next year

Thought u boys may be interested to see the league next year:

ABINGDON UNITED FC

ANDOVER FC

BASHLEY FC

BRACKNELL TOWN FC

BEACONSFIELD SYCOB FC

BROOK HOUSE FC

BURNHAM FC

CHESHAM UNITED FC

DIDCOT TOWN FC

HANWELL TOWN FC

HILLINGDON BOROUGH FC

LYMINGTON & NEW MILTON FC

MARLOW FC

NEWPORT IOW FC

OXFORD CITY FC

PAULTON ROVERS FC

SWINDON SUPERMARINE FC

TAUNTON TOWN FC

THATCHAM TOWN FC

UXBRIDGE FC

WINCHESTER CITY FC

WINDSOR & ETON FC

My View

ABINGDON UNITED

Up from the Hellenic League where they only finished 3rd and lost 10 league games during the season. Support is minimal because of shared loyalty with Abingdon Town down the road. My prediction – no better than mid table, could even struggle at the bottom.

ANDOVER

Up from the Wessex League where they also finished 3rd and lost 10 league games but scored an amazing 120 goals to a disappointing 64 conceded so a very attacking side. If they can tighten up their defence they could seriously challenge for the top spot, if not, at least top half of the table.

BASHLEY

Moved across from the Isthmian League where they spent two seasons and equipped themselves remarkably well with a 9th position and last season a 14th place. They should be more relaxed in this league and their results should reflect that with a top half place.

BEACONSFIELD SYCOB

Their 2 seasons in this league saw them avoid the relegation scramble by a small margin. They always let in more goals than they score – a worrying sign. I can see a bottom four place for them if this continues.

BRACKNELL TOWN

Struggled the last two seasons in this league and with so many new clubs trying to impress it could be a disastrous year. My prediction is its not going to get better. So if Bracknell avoid the bottom two places they will be very fortunate.

BROOK HOUSE

Having spent the last 2 seasons in the Isthmian Division below Bashley, only third last term even though they scored twice the goals they conceded, they will be hard pushed to do well. They also have Hayes on their door-step taking support away. So, won’t do any better than close to bottom.

BURNHAM

Finished in a mid-table position last term and there’s no indication of an improvement in that. Something must change to avoid the bottom half of the table or worse.

CHESHAM UNITED

The last four seasons have brought a disastrous downward trend for Chesham. Last season they got only one league win at home after October. Will they show their old class or continue to crash? My prediction is the struggle will go on. My view is a mid-table place or higher .

DIDCOT TOWN

Had a great season in the Hellenic League, taking the title, in fact the last six seasons have all been very successful, culminating in the step up to Southern League status. The total of 124 goals last term shows that scoring is their biggest strength is. Confidence is high so my prediction – a challenger for promotion.

HANWELL TOWN

Never out of the top 10 in the Spartan South Midlands League in the last 7 years and 3rd place last term. With stability like that they should have the confidence to hold their own in this league. So, a mid-table spot is my prediction.

HILLINGDON BOROUGH

The sudden success of last season’s runner-up place in the Spartan South Midlands League after the mediocre seven years there could mean they have a struggle to establish themselves at the higher level. Or will a desire to prove themselves as worthy of this league carry them through. I think it’s another one for a mid-table spot.

LYMINGTON & NEW MILTON

After years of success in the Wessex League they had a disappointing experience in the Isthmian League last season, although they were never in danger of relegation. The move sideways could give a boost to sagging confidence, or, the upheaval of the changes might have the opposite effect. My prediction – bottom half place but safe.

MARLOW

A very good season last term without being outstanding. Lack of home wins and a small goal difference were factors. Will they build on that or not? My prediction is a top six place again.

NEWPORT IOW

It’s back to the same league after two seasons of struggle in the Isthmian League. Only managed 6 league wins with a chronic lack of goals all last season were the key to their dreadful year. Will a change of league bring a change of fortune? My prediction – in the bottom two or very near.

OXFORD CITY FC

Just piped Hillingdon on goal difference for the title in the Spartan South Midlands League after the season before they were disastrously relegated from this league. Now they get another chance to prove themselves in a league they know all about. My prediction – top 10 place.

PAULTON ROVERS

Reality set in last term when they got 17th place. It is 16 years since the last time Paulton finished out of the top 10 in any league. They must find that winning formula especially on opponents’ grounds to recapture their stability. My prediction is a bottom four spot only.

SWINDON SUPERMARINE

Had their best season ever last term with two wins for every one defeat. Will confidence stay high or will they slip back to their struggling ways again. My prediction – just out the play-off zone.

TAUNTON TOWN

A season where nothing seemed to go right. Slipped down the table a bit each of the 4 year’s they’ve been in the Southern League. If they don’t break the trend this coming term they’ll go back down for sure. My prediction – bottom two.

THATCHAM TOWN

Always a strong outfit while in the Wessex League, where they finished 2nd with 3 goals scored to every one conceded. The euphoria of stepping up a league should carry them through to a mid-table position.

UXBRIDGE FC

This, their third season in the Southern League, sees them moved sideways from the East division. A great start in their first season but then last year they slumped to 9 points above the drop zone sending shudders through their supporters. The lack of a good striker and dreadful home form where they continually dropped points were to blame. If this is not put right for the new campaign then there’s not much hope of surviving in this league. A bottom four place I think.

WINCHESTER CITY FC

Southern League members for just two seasons back in the 70’ they are about to try again to establish themselves once more. A quite phenomenal rise from obscurity in the last six years has put them in this position. Can they sustain the rise and establish a foothold in this league or will it all come crashing down. I think they will struggle to make the half-way point.

WINDSOR & ETON FC

After a steady rise since 1996 they experienced relegation from the Isthmian League so went down and sideways in one go. Their lack of confidence means they will find it difficult to survive in this league.

If you don't agree with the way I see things share with us what you think!