Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is the FA Cup worth it?

Touchy Touchy I know. But seriously both Canvey and Aldershot got stuck in the quagmire of too many pointless FA cup games with detrimental affect on our league placing. Probably more so Canvey than Aldershot (but the season before we had the same problem). Isn't the FA cup just a pain in the [****!!****] for the teams vieing for promotion? Even though a good cup run will generate a fair amount of dosh, I don't think it helps to have replayed matches (FA cup and numerous others) at a time of the season when we could be playing 2 Ryman league games a week instead.<BR>Or is it just a case of not seeing the wood for the trees at this early stage of the season?

i wouldnt say the F.A. cup was a problem fixture wise, and you could never want to miss out on a 'port vale/southend' or in your case 'Brighton?' ..Last seasons problems arose from our trophy run , replays, and other teams repeatdly cancelling games at late notice due to the weather (only one game was cancelled at park lane last season..not bad for below sea level!) ..we have already had a quarter of the league season already so hopefully this year it wont be a problem (if we have any cup runs that is) when the weather turns to [****!!****]

Another reason for going as far as you can in the FA is the amount of exposure not only the team get but for the town, village or in our case Island, get.<BR>Last season really put us on the map!<BR>I work in London and before last season hardly anyone from west of London that I came in contact with new where Canvey was. Now though is a different story!<BR>Not to mention that feeling when you turn over a team like Vale, apart from shout me head off and loose my voice, I did nothing, but I felt a great sense of achievement when Canvey pulled of the draw and went on to beat em on their own turf!! I reckon it's worth it!!! grin.gif" border="0 grin.gif" border="0

It has definitely got to be worth it. Although we got stuffed, I will always remember the Shots on Match of the Day.<P>Plus the extra money will always come in useful if we need extra players in the run in or as we prepare for life in the Conference. smile.gif" border="0 <P>I don't think that a couple of games having to be a rearranged is a serious problem, particularly this early in the year.<P>You still can't beat the romance of the cup.

Ok you think the cup worth while, personally I dont. Chris you say it helps subsidise the team in the run in. I disagree.... the team should be all there by the time any serious money comes our way. Having said that, it was funny watching us on the box last year, even with the leaky drainpipe tongue.gif" border="0