Jump to content
Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
coupwotcoup

First time caller...

Recommended Posts

I'm awake and here. Then again, I am responding later than you might have expected and am probably six hours behind you. (I'm guessing you live across the 'lil ol pond from me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The land of three wives would be Utah, where the biggest population of Mormons live. I'm in Indiana, the land of corn, basketball and the 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Moo said:
The land of three wives would be Utah, where the biggest population of Mormons live. I'm in Indiana, the land of corn, basketball and the 500.


I thought it was spelt Morons, Tama ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mormons, Morons, same thing. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" />

 

Oddly enough, I drove past two of them yesterday, as they were walking door to door (as the Jehovah's Witnesses do). They both stopped, half turned toward me, waved and smiled the exact same wave and smile as each other. It looked very robotic and practiced, but I am sure they are trained to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The power to breed profusely seems to be a pre-requisite !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 20 miles north of me is an Amish community. Nearly every time I am out and about, I see at least a few, because they hire people to drive them into town to do their shopping and business. In their area it is common to see them driving in their buggies but I have never seen one in a drive through, bank or otherwise, but will be on the lookout for it. That would be hysterical to see. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" /> <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/laughuncontrollable.gif" alt="" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typed in Amish and found this.

 

Thought it might amuse Les and young Moo !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" /> Good one. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />

 

Every time we are out and about, hubby says he is going to beat up one of the Amish men and run off with his hat. I think it might have something to do with the Weird Al song "Amish Paradise".

 

amish08.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Moo said:
The land of three wives would be Utah, where the biggest population of Mormons live. I'm in Indiana, the land of corn, basketball and the 500.


I remember now..'Indiana wants me, lord I can't go back there'....R Dean Taylor..was he the only white man to ever appear on the Tamla Motown label?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Moo said:
<img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" /> Good one. <img src="/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif" alt="" />

Every time we are out and about, hubby says he is going to beat up one of the Amish men and run off with his hat. I think it might have something to do with the Weird Al song "Amish Paradise".



Do love a bit a of Weird Al..Eat it, Like a Surgeon..quality!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why DO those Amish men have those straggly weird tickly beards ?

 

Perhaps Moo can enlighten us !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×