Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Quote:
AllowIT said:
Rhodes - why all the bitterness!

AllowIT - Who said I was bitter.

Quote:
compaq7500 said:
allowit bowers were lucky your have a laugh mate,bowers had so many chances in the game they just couldnt put one in, and yes in the last 10-15 minutes haringey did have a couple of chances but their forwards were so bad they couldnt hit a cows a... with a banjo from 3 yards, it was only a matter of time before Bowers scored,one of your supporters did video the whole game I suggest your whole team watches it.

AllowIT - Don't shoot the messenger will you but I just thought you might like to see this from the Bowers and Pitsea Forum.

AllowIT said:

herd bowers never had a kick in the second half, and were dead on their feet just the borough did not take their chances at the end, but was told your big lump finished well in the last five mins.

:

AllowIT - Who did you hear this from out of interest as you're obviously connected to the Coles Park Club. I bumped into Uduma Kalu yesterday, the centre forward who confirmed that he had one or two good opportunities but didn't convert them.

A good point for Haringey Borough today I see at Biggleswade United, I predicted a draw albeit 1-1 and I expect there are wild celebrations in the vicinity of Coles Park as 'we speak', I'll check their website in a few weeks time to see if the report is up, well okay a few months then.

Folks - Fed up with waiting for last weeks FA Cup report to be put on the Haringey Website so here's an article from the local rag, it sounds like the game could have gone either way:

SEARSON UPBEAT AFTER CUP EXIT

F.A.CUP EXTRA PRELIMINARY ROUND - 19 AUGUST 2006

BOWERS AND PITSEA UNITED 2 HARINGEY BOROUGH 0

Haringey Borough boss Ged Searson has refused to be disheartened after a late two-goal salvo saw his side tumble out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle. Goals in the 89th and 94th minutes punctured a promising Borough display against Basildon based Bowers and Pitsea United but Searson insists the Coles Park side have the raw materials to bounce back. “The lads were absolutely distraught after losing in that way, especially after we had five or six chances and couldn’t put them away” said Searson. “We should have won, but it was the first time the team had played together and the overall performance was very promising.” Borough have once again placed their faith in a squad low on experience but high on talent with Searson impressed by his players attitude so far. “They certainly weren’t phased by coming up against bigger, older players, in fact they seem to be more worried about acne than playing football” he said. “They really seem to be gelling together as a group, even at this early stage, so hopefully we can develop the kind of team-spirit we probably haven’t had in the past”. Both sides opened with some cautious probing and the first real effort on goal arrived in the 15th minute when Bowers’ Robert Bangs fired a dipping shot just over. Five minutes later Borough keeper Abraham Mahmood made his first real save with a fine dive to push away a fierce close-range shot by Dean Allen. For Borough Uduma Kalu burst through but was thwarted by a desperate tackle on the edge of the area and Danny Tulloch sent a diving header just wide in the 41st minute. Before the interval a Bowers rocket like free kick just cleared the bar and Chris Stevens sidefooted a loose ball inches wide after Mahmood had done well to block a shot. Borough made the first real chance of the second half as Michael Bakare fired narrowly over but Bowers attacked strongly for a spell and David Patten made a crucial block of one shot and cleared another off the line a few minutes later. The taller Bowers players were always dangerous at set pieces and when Mahmood advanced but was outjumped Glenn Shurety made a superb saving clearence off the line. Borough suffered a blow in the 75th minute when midfield powerhouse and captain Tommy Catania sustained head injury and had to depart for hospital treatment. Searson introduced David O’Connell and Courtney White and almost immediately White burst through only to be foiled by a fine spreading save by advancing keeper Robert Smalls, five minutes later White was just unable to connect properly in front of an open goal. John Alford replaced Michael Bakare for the last ten minutes and Borough seemed likely to bring their opponents back to Coles Park on Tuesday until their lanky dangerman Allen whose headed flick-ons had been threatening throughout proved that he could also play neat football on the deck as he made space for himself in the 89th minute and thrashed home a precise low shot from some 10 yards out. With five or more stoppage time minutes to play Borough attacked with great vigour but never really created any clear cut chances. Then Bowers brought the ball upfield deep into injury time, Anthony Strina was adjudged to have pulled back a striker and Allen smashed his penalty kick low past Mahmood to wrap up the win.

For old times sake:

There is disappointingly still no report of last week's Biggleswade United match on Haringey Borough's Website so here is the Biggleswade version of events:

'United’s failure to convert a profusion of chances cost them two valuable points in their first League fixture at Second Meadow on Saturday and Haringey Borough were allowed to return home to their London Borough with a share of the spoils. Clearly determined not to repeat the misery of a second from bottom place this term, the North Londoners have amassed a new look squad with only their impressive striker Christian Banuelos-Charles the remaining player from last season’s relegation survivors. But United have also had a change of personnel with the introduction of former Barton defender Simon Catmur, Henlow’s Sam Brown, Langford’s Wayne Goldsmith and a new number one in Stevenage Boro Academy youngster Bobby Smith and manager Snowy Wright is hoping to introduce former Potton player Stuart English in to the squad over the next few weeks. United had the better of the opening exchanges with Dean Bull striking wide after an impressive five man move through the middle of the park and Nick Stillwell followed up by blasting the ball over the Borough crossbar a minute later. However, in the 14th minute United’s strike duo linked well to give United an early lead, Brown pinched the ball from Borough’s John Alford and picked out Keith Thomas wide on the right, beating his marker the United front man sent a perfectly weighted pass to Robbie O’Dell who volleyed from ten yards out. Borough keeper Robert Abrahms managed to parry it away but only back to the boot of O’Dell and he made no mistake with his second chance to make it 1-0.

Haringey came back strongly and their front men were a constant threat with their pace and agility that was clearly the London sides biggest asset and the visitors replied in the 22nd minute. A high ball into the United box saw a moment of indecision from Catmur and Smith and Borough striker Uduma Kalu punished the mix up by chipping over Smith to draw the side level.

Both O’Dell and Thomas had opportunities to give United the lead at the break – O’Dell had a chipped shot fingertipped over the bar and Thomas headed a superb cross from Goldsmith wide of the upright when well placed. However, seconds before the half time whistle United were fortunate not to go behind when Banuelos-Charles screwed his shot wide. The second period saw United start the stronger and again chances were plentiful. O’Dell scooped a pass from his skipper, Gary Jackson over the bar and Bull hit the side netting after the best move of the match saw United string together ten passes that had the visitors chasing shadows. Cruelly though United were stung by a freak goal in the 68th minute when a lob in to the box from Borough defender Dave Patten floated over stricken keeper Smith and slipped under the cross bar to give the Londoners the lead.

United were lucky not to fall further behind when Bradley Drisdale sliced an easy shot wide but from the seventy minute mark United went hell for leather to try and rescue the game. Goldsmith was showing why he had been on manager Wright’s wish list for so long with several runs from deep but summer months of cricket left the striker wanting in front of goal and his final touch failed to do any serious damage until the 71st minute that is. United had suffered the torment of two goal line clearances before a piercing free kick from United’s man of the match, Stillwell, found Goldsmith at the far post and he made no mistake from close range slamming the ball in to the net for 2-2. In the final minutes United went in search of the winning goal and the best chance fell to Michael Scarisbrick who had had a steady game through out, a darting run from his own half finished with the hard working wing back curl his strike past Abrahms and the upright to leave United with only the one point for their endeavours.

United: Smith, Stillwell, Scarisbrick, Brown, Catmur, Bennett, Jackson, Bull (Parker), O’Dell, Thomas, Goldsmith (Newton)'.

The report is not entirely accurate as Borough have retained virtually all their players from last season and their line up at Biggleswade was as follows: Abrahams, Shurety, Daki, Patten, Lambourne, Catania (Rolle), Banuelos-Charles, Alford, Kalu (Efedua), Tulloch, Drisdale (Maher).

Rhodes for someone who has a 'grudge' against Haringey you do a lot to promote them on this site.

Lato - Well someone has to and who said I had a grudge as I still support Haringey Borough, my concience is clear and I can look myself in the mirror unlike some in the corridors of power at Coles Park. As I said I expect my ears will be burning next Tuesday evening.

I do think you have a slightly over inflated opinion of yourself if you think I am going to bother talking about you at Haringey. For one thing I am no longer a RMFC committee member and will therefore not be entering the Coles Park boardroom unless invited.

Lato - No not at all, there's nobody more modest or less limelight seeking than me, everybody knows that. I'm sure you will get into the Haringey 'boardroom' on Tuesday as you are still very much part of the Ruislip furniture, besides it's just an empty shell these days and not an old programme or a bit of memorabilia to be seen.

I see that there is no mention as yet on the Haringey Borough Website of their extraordinary and humiliating 4-1 defeat to Halstead Town in the FA Vase today. It's times like these when I miss BewareofRhodents but perhaps the mysterious AllowIT could enlighten me, that's if he didn't jump under a W3 bus in White Hart Lane at about 4.50 this afternoon.

Hopefully this link to the Halstead Town Website will work, if not blame HTFCew, it contains the Haringey Borough v Halstead Town match report:

http://www.halsteadtownfc.com/matchdetails.asp?mid=18

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Hopefully this link to the Halstead Town Website will work, if not blame HTFCew, it contains the Haringey Borough v Halstead Town match report:

http://www.halsteadtownfc.com/matchdetails.asp?mid=18

The link does work but, if it hadn't, why would it have been HTFCew's fault? Surely it would have been your inability to post the link properly?