Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Countdown to 2 Million posts

The most remembered line in any British film is from 'Carry On Cleo'

Kenneth Williams, as Caesar.

"Infamy; Infamy ! They've all got it in for me !"

Carry on Camping has the famous physical exercise routine with Kenneth Williams as the supervising master on the camp-site and Babs Windsor, playing the nubile (?) sixth former.

Incidently. That film was shot in the autumn/winter and the grass had to be sprayed with green dye to make it look like summer.

I suppose that's why some of the girls were doing 'chapel hat-peg' impressions !

chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe chloe

Some of the humour in the early 'Carry Ons', the black and white ones, contain some humour that would now be considered non-PC, unfortunately.

I have no idea........... I have sent really scathing e-mails to BBC America about repeating Benny Hill(Thames TV series), The Avengers, and The Prisoner, over and over again. I asked them about all the great comedy series that have been made by the BBC, and asked why they aren't shown. I got a tepid reply, that the Americans ask for Benny Hill, and probably wouldn't understand Only fools, and Open all Hours.

bigcry

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I have no idea........... I have sent really scathing e-mails to BBC America about repeating Benny Hill(Thames TV series), The Avengers, and The Prisoner, over and over again. I asked them about all the great comedy series that have been made by the BBC, and asked why they aren't shown. I got a tepid reply, that the Americans ask for Benny Hill, and probably wouldn't understand Only fools, and Open all Hours.
bigcry

Truly a backward nation! biglaugh

And for Moo. Good on you. Rodney you plonker! grin

Originally Posted By: cantos
You will have to get them on dvd Fleety.

I have quite a collection of 70s comedies,and my kids love them.

I already have several series of Fools, and the complete set of Fawlty Towers on DVD. I just think the BBC are taking the easy way out in not showing their best comedy series, and buying up, and showing the Thames TV comedy. These series must be bought by your license money.

Seems strange because I understand recently that the Monty Python stage show, (from Holy Grail ?), went down a storm in the States.

'SPAMALOT' ! Thats the name !

I suppose the great 'Open All Hours' wouldn't stand a chance over there then, Les ?

P'raps young Moo will put 'em straight now she's back over the pond !

I suppose I could give it a try. grin Maybe a message from an American who has seen the light and knows what quality Brit shows would go over good here might sway them. wink

As big as Python has been here, over the years, I am surprised more shows (other than Benny Hill) haven't caught on in a big way.