Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tommy Lambourne

Official league result sheet shows Laurence Ravel as one of your scorers! Plus Anthony Page with an o.g.

Well unfortunately that is wrong. No doubt it will be corrected when the match form is sent in

There is clearly something wrong at Ruislip if Lambourne isn't scoring regularly, at Haringey he was the main man and everything was channelled through him, a bit like a Johnny Giles or a Roy Keane, and it would seem he is not being given the ball or isn't being allowed to 'have a dig' from between twenty and thirty yards at every opportunity.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
There is clearly something wrong at Ruislip if Lambourne isn't scoring regularly, at Haringey he was the main man and everything was channelled through him, a bit like a Johnny Giles or a Roy Keane, and it would seem he is not being given the ball or isn't being allowed to 'have a dig' from between twenty and thirty yards at every opportunity.

If he was regularly haveing a dig from 20/30 yards Manor I'd be worried, as he'd be playing in the wrong half of the pitch and leaving us short at the back. He's a central defender, therefore his primary function is to defend. He has taken a few free kicks but they've not been very good so far.

Quote:
Horace said:
Just how many goals did he score for Haringey then, Rhodes?
Horace - Absolutely loads, particularly for 'our' all conquering Youth team of 2004/2005 that swept the board, won the World Youth Championship in Gothenburg and reached the 2nd Round proper of the FA Youth Cup, I lost count infact.

How many goals at senior level though Rhodes? Primarily his job is to defend as Spider says though goals from the odd corner or bulleted free kicks are likely. If he got more than five in a season I'd say it would be an excellent return

Lato - Well as I say it was loads including for the First Team during his two full seasons playing at Coles Park, 2004/2005 and 2005/2006, certainly more than five each campaign. I recall him slotting home one or two penalties too, Paulo D'Canio style, as cool as a cucumber.

More than five is a good return for a centre half in a season ...however you'd have to qualify it by saying asking how many Haringey let in during those games?

Lambourne wasn't always playing at centre half for 'us', he was often in a holding midfield role, Ray Wilkins style, infact he can play anywhere. I don't think the amount of goals Haringey let in whilst he was in the side has anything to do with it, it's a team game afterall and he was rarely at fault, if at all, for any of the goals 'we' conceded in those two seasons.

I'd still like to know the actual number Lambourne notched for the Haringey FIRST TEAM during his time there and the ratio of goals to appearances. "loads" is a trifle evasive I feel. And surely a man of your skills should be able to tell me that Rhodes..you were Mr Haringey Stats at that time.

And I don't give an iota for the 'all-conquering" youth team though if they were "all-conquering" then surely they would have won the F.A Youth Cup rather than go out in the 2nd Round, fine achievement though that is.

Lato - I'll dig out my records and get back to you on that one. Actually I may even be there this evening for your game with Harefield if I can get off work in time, have that pint of Stella on order just incase.

Be afraid.....be very afraid.

Why have I got to buy you a drink Rhodes? Unless its payment for the entertainment you provide on this message board. However I won't be going in the bar so I won't either buy or take the drink you owe me I believe.

it currently sits at 2 hats to be eaten remember

Quote:
Lato said:
Be afraid.....be very afraid.
Folks - Sadly I have to work late tonight so won't be able to make the game at Ruislip, sorry!!

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Quote:
Horace said:
Just how many goals did he score for Haringey then, Rhodes?
Horace - Absolutely loads, particularly for 'our' all conquering Youth team of 2004/2005 that swept the board, won the World Youth Championship in Gothenburg and reached the 2nd Round proper of the FA Youth Cup, I lost count infact.

May i add Rhodes that the "all conquering" youth team that went to Sweden Got knocked out of the MAIN cup competition out there having lost the first 2 matches.....They where then put into the loosers Shield and this is what they won!
By the Way "the great" uduma Kalou another "all conquering" youth team player of that era....has he started for Ruislip yet? if so has he scored?