Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gate Chat brings you coverage of Billericay vs MARGATE

Wellsie

and the fact that we've been on a downer for a bit now. I saw the Ramsgate and Whitstable games, and if they werent away, i probably would have asked for my cash back, about time we had pay by performance turnstiles, pay on your way out £9 for a win, £4 for a draw, donations if they lose.

Quote:
phil d said:
i think its a plan tony. we dont want auto promotion for the club. less money through the turnstiles lets have play offs lol

I'd rather we got our [****!!****] into gear, win promotion and start our march into the League!!!

some people are warm weather surporters

some people think they are surporters

are you phisically dragged to watch the gate every time they play ( don`t think so ) then don`t go then you don`t have to pay anything do you .

Some of us will go through thick & thin and will still be there at the end of it all .

We should not underestimate the fact that 'ricay also had the hurt of a cup exit, and so would have wanted the win as much as us.

Also it was away.

To lose after being 2-0 up is hard, but it seemed as if they fought the fight well, so there are positives to be taken.

And it is still early in the season, plenty to go at really.

I think we all will still go through thick and thin with the club. Ground fiasco aswell doesnt mean we wont get p1ssed off when we go through a familiar run like this. Otherwise we would be watching champions league on tv wouldnt we. Get of your high horses.

Gringo we all get pissed off with football ,its a part of life , but what im saying is , no one is forced to walk through the gates to watch Margate but some people like to make a point of it each week when the going is tough. They can always go somewhere else but they will probably have to pay more to get in , but they won`t they will come and watch the gate, they will come unadded then they will go home and put a load of [****!!****] on here , then when the going gets better the same people will do exactly the same as above but Margate will be Mighty , no one will beat them . Like i said you surport your team through thick and thin or not at all .

Hartsdownfan is that not the idea praise when deserved, and vice versa.We cant praise the team even when were geting beat and playing bad. Well the odd person seems to think were great all the time. Yes i will express my delight with the team when they show some more of the early season form.

Im not saying that the team should be praised every week for that 90mins thats played ,what im saying is Trotty is a new manager , the 1st thing he has had to do as a boss is pick up the pieces of a disasterous season we had last year ,he achieved this . He was given some pretty hard things to achive this season , part of his one year aggrement , so far he has signed some outstanding footballers who no one thought would have come here in the 1st place : achivement :

As a new rookie manager he has taken us higher already this season than any time last season : achivement : We have only lost 4 games under him out of about 20 played ? : achivement :.

To me thats pretty good really for a manager and a squad that has hardly been together as a unit . You can tell by what a lot of the surporters have said about the Ricky game that the footy was better and they got congratulated for it even if they did lose , so yes you can praise people even when they lose , we won`t win games like we did at the start of the season like that again this season but we will start winning again the quality is there and it will happen , as other people have said have faith , it took Alex Fergurson 2yrs to get it right , now look at him .

All very good points and true.(even if we are currently 20th place in the form league over the last 4 games !!).

I would still rather us play rubbish every game and win though.

I would much rather come home from Billericay saying that it was a terrible game, everyone played badly but we fluked 3 points via a soft own goal, than as was the case-a good display but nil points

I just want a winning team.

Andy,I dont think Trotty is the issue here.

I certainly cant see anywhere where Gringo is putting the manager down(well maybe slightly in frustration,ONCE). I think he's merely talking of performances from the team & individuals rather than that of the managership.

Of course we can praise losses in a similar way that we can still find fault after victories even, to some extent. Some are happy to accept a result without a performance as MM is. Others arent. Respect for peoples opinions either way, without censorship,should be acceptable & I think thats his point.

Without Trotty taking over last season it was highly probable that we would have dropped a division & he was the one who kept us in this division so that we can fight for a place even further up the pyramid. No doubt that Trotty should not be an issue here whatsoever.Without knowing whats in Gringos mind I doubt he has a problem with Trotty either.

Of course we will turn it round in time but commenting on bad performances & praising good performances if & when they occur should be acceptable by all. If not then debate it! Thats what this forum is for,not for everyone to agree purely because its "safer" or "more popular" to do so.

Trotty has MY backing anyway without a doubt.

Though we are going through a small blip in results of late we have to give Trotty time to sort it out. He hasnt let us down so far,not he personally(apart from a few kamikaze headed back passes l.o.l.)so we all need to give him free rein to continue & try to get us to the next level if he can.If he cant,then the end of season is the time to discuss his input, not now.