Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes, It is still beggers belief that a successful business man such as 'sugar' wouldnt want to take an investment forward? Everyone at the club has faith in 'sugar' and his decisions and that he is taking the club forward at the right pace! Rhodes if only you thought about things before steaming in thinking you know it all, you wouldnt be a bad bloke!!
3praise - I don't think you are such a bad bloke either however it would appear that you have been totally brainwashed by 'Sugar', Madonna and Guy Ritchie Kabbalah style, as has everyone at the Club and that's very sad to see. You seem to be scared to death to stand up to his dictatorial regime and question the way he is seemingly running the Club into the ground, I admire your loyalty that's all I can say but you don't strike me as a 'yes man' and thought you wanted success for your beloved Borough.

3praise - Interesting that you haven't commented on my last post on this thread and defended your lord and master to the hilt in your usual admirable loyal fashion. To say that everyone at the Club has faith in 'Sugar' is possibly the craziest thing you have come out with to date on here even by your standards. Incidentally did you see that Forest Whitaker won the British Academy Award last night for his amazing portrayl of Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland, I wonder if your lord and master plans to see the film to pick up a few more useful tips on running a football club

yet another dig at the club you allegedly love "clip rod".

Just the unambitious hierarchy, not the Club. I expect you've already see the Last King of Scotland haven't you being a film buff of Barry Norman proportions.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - Interesting that you haven't commented on my last post on this thread and defended your lord and master to the hilt in your usual admirable loyal fashion. To say that everyone at the Club has faith in 'Sugar' is possibly the craziest thing you have come out with to date on here even by your standards. Incidentally did you see that Forest Whitaker won the British Academy Award last night for his amazing portrayl of Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland, I wonder if your lord and master plans to see the film to pick up a few more useful tips on running a football club

Rhodes i have it on good authority that everyone at the 'boro knows that 'sugar' is taking the club in the right direction and that all started when the new management took over last season to save the club from relegation. it doesnt matter how many names you call Aki, the fact stands that Haringey Borough FC is an established up and coming club with aspirations Whereas KTFC are a club lingering 4th in a poor div 1 and have no home ground to call their own.
Rhodes am i to assume that with the loss of your "Groundshare Agreement" you also lost the backing of your players namely Saf06 who since the whole event took place has not been near or by this forum to back you or your club up?

Rhodes i have it on good authority that everyone at the 'boro knows that 'sugar' is taking the club in the right direction and that all started when the new management took over last season to save the club from relegation.
Surely deep down you can't believe that, as you may or may not have heard on the grapevine I had a high profile consortium lined up ready to come in with 2 million to invest in the Club however 'Sugar' wouldn't step aside to allow the Club to progress in leaps and bounds. Granted that the new management did great at the end of last season to keep the Club up against all the odds and the 2-1 home win over Hanwell Town was superb however instead of what should have been a promotion challenge this season with the nucleus of that team 'we' are struggling again and back to square one, why is that exactly.

I wouldnt say that boro' are struggling, there is no points gap between us and 4/5 teams above us so in that case the leap from this time last year to now has been huge - as you have also seen with some of the results we have had over some of the bigger sides this term.

as for your consortium maybe you thought that the investment was good for the club but a businessman and great mind such as aki's probably knew that it wasnt best for the club and so turned you down, it seems like alot of sour grapes on your behalf or a big kid who couldnt get the candy I.E the Haringey Borough that you wanted!!

as you have also seen with some of the results we have had over some of the bigger sides this term.

Yes like the 9-0 home defeat by Hertford Town, a very sad day in the Club's 100 year history. Incidentally what celebrations are in place later this year to mark the 100 years of Haringey Borough.

Yes Rhodes you are right about that defeat, it was a sad day, a day that was a turning point for the boro' and spurned us on to better things this year. but even you cannot tell me you havent been impressed by some of the results you have heard about this term (i say heard about because as the devout supporter you claim to be you still havent been to a game to watch it). I have half been expecting you to poke your enormously huge nose round the golden gates of the boro' this season but no such luck yet!

It maybe when you come cap in hand to Aki asking for a groundshare that we will see you!

but even you cannot tell me you havent been impressed by some of the results you have heard about this term (i say heard about because as the devout supporter you claim to be you still havent been to a game to watch it). I have half been expecting you to poke your enormously huge nose round the golden gates of the boro' this season but no such luck yet! It maybe when you come cap in hand to Aki asking for a groundshare that we will see you!
3praise - I haven't said that I'm not impressed by some of the results this season since the infamous defeat by Hertford Town, the wins at Biggleswade Town, Holmer Green and, in particular Tring Athletic were excellent however how do you know that I haven't been to a game this season, I may well have been standing on the terraces in disguise at McMullen Park, Watchet Lane or Coles Park come to that as everybody else sneaks past Johnny Flynn on the gate without paying.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise - I haven't said that I'm not impressed by some of the results this season since the infamous defeat by Hertford Town, the wins at Biggleswade Town, Holmer Green and, in particular Tring Athletic were excellent however how do you know that I haven't been to a game this season, I may well have been standing on the terraces in disguise at McMullen Park, Watchet Lane or Coles Park come to that as everybody else sneaks past Johnny Flynn on the gate without paying.

Disguised as a normal person?

Sounds like an exciting game at Pancake Lane yesterday, I'm waiting with baited breath for 3praise to come on to give us his usual unbiased account of the proceedings and how the scoring panned out. I see that all the other results at the foot of the table went very much against 'us' with the two Biggleswade Clubs surprisingly victorious as well as Holmer Green.

"with the two Biggleswade Clubs surprisingly victorious as well as Holmer Green. "

Have a look at the current league table on SSMFL Premier Division Current Form Table

I'm tired of waiting for 3praise to give his account of the proceedings yesterday at Pancake Lane so I have been forced to get onto the Leverstock Green Website, I've taken the liberty of attaching a link below:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20070217.htm

I would like to make a few amendments to that Report. the first goal was not a collision between goalkeeper and defender, as the defender in question was shielding the ball to the goalkeeper was pushed onto the goalkeeper leaving an open goal, having asked the Referee how he didnt give the foul he simply said i had no view of the incident, and the "obvious foul" by the goalkeeper for the penalty was a well timed slide tackle which was came off the forward for a goal kick. It may sound like sour grapes but those where the events as the majority of observers saw it.

Although the one thing i will agree with is that broxbourne, harefield and Leverstock, all sides with big reputations it was a pleasure to see them kicking balls into corners to waste time to hold onto a 1 goal advantage - or in broxbournes case a draw!

I would just like to back up what was said by 3praise, the first goal was indeed a clear foul by the attacker on the defender, it was embarasing that neither the linesman or referee were able to position themselves accordingly to make the decision as it was a blatent push in the back...It was indeed something positive to take out of the game that it was the third place side struggling to hold onto their one goal advantage, frantically aiming for the corner flag at every opportunity, and the "struggling" Borough who playing all the football towards the end, deserving alot more from the game, another top side that have been given something to think about in recent games by apparent no hopers HBFC.

3praise - Can I offer you an olive branch for a moment as I think this link may be of interest to you and others at the Club. When I was at Haringey I went to great lengths to delve into the history of Coles Park as it was my intention of getting a book published in partnership with Bruce Castle Museum as part of the Club's 100 year history this year hence why I asked you earlier if any celebrations had been set in train as yet by 'Sugar'. I had painstakingly traced the Cole family who owned the site and had built up a strong rapport with them, needless to say 'Sugar' and co weren't the slightest bit interested in my efforts, what does that tell you:

http://www.colepotteries.btinternet.co.uk/tottenham-potteries1910-1930.htm

3praise - I note that your comments on the above post are conspicuous by their absence, can I therefore assume that on this occasion you are in disagreement with your lord and master even though that would be a groundbreaking first.

3praise - Silence is golden, wasn't that a song. I see that John Bacon has crafted one of his masterpieces in the Tottenham Journal today from Saturday's unlucky defeat at Pancake Lane:

'Borough were desperately unlucky to return from Pancake Lane empty handed after their fate was sealed by two controversial decisions against them. Disaster struck early for Ged Searson's side, Leverstock Green charging into an early, ill deserved 2-0 lead. In the fourth minute Dave Patten was pushed in the back as he shepherded the ball towards oncoming keeper Jamie Brown resulting in a collision between the two Borough players. The ball squirmed loose for James Armstrong to roll into the vacant net although both the Referee and his Assistant claimed not to have been in a position to see the push. Twelve minutes later Brown effected what appeared to be a well executed sliding tackle on Armstrong but again a decision went against Borough and Brown had no chance with Adam Collins fiercely struck penalty. Borough then lost left back Louis Dainty through injury mid way through the half and he was replaced by Barrington Woolcock. Their misfortune was compounded when a fine finish by Calvin Petrie to a flowing move was ruled out by a late and questionable offside decision. In the 34th minute Borough got their just reward when Kafel-Gaysi Brown raced on to a through ball and placed a clever dipping shot just under the bar as the keeper advanced. Borough then lost their other full back Lloyd Mitchell through injury in the opening seconds of the second half and were forced into yet another reshuffle but responded in determined fashion before Leverstock increased their lead with a clever finish by Collins. After that Borough dominated the proceedings with debutant Johnnie Offei making a promising contribution after coming on as a substitute and Petrie found the net with a well angled low drive in the 61st minute. From then on a draw seemed the most likely outcome with third placed Leverstock Green forced to hang on and play for safety but the ball never ran kindly for Borough in front of goal. As Borough pressed forward and were forced to take risks it was inevitable that gaps would appear at the back and Woolcock made an excellent goal line clearance to keep Borough in the hunt right up until the final whistle'.

Borough team: Brown, Mitchell, Dainty, Okot-Uma, Patten, Catania, R Kamara, Maher, Petrie, A Kamara, Brown. Subs: Woolcock, Tulloch, Offei

3praise - Let me see if I can tempt you out of the closet, or perhaps I should say woodwork, with this innovative link about 'our' beloved Borough seeing how you refuse to comment on the earlier one about the Coles family. Incidentally what are your plans today out of interest now the St Margaretsbury game has been disappointingly called off, Wood Green High Road is it or Brent Cross Shopping Centre with the other half.

http://www.footballcrests.com/haringeyboroughfc.htm