Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new Haringey Borough FC thread

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Rhodes - Why would Mr Achillea want his team NOT to get promoted?

You're putting words into my mouth again as I didn't suggest this at all, nor did I say 'Sugar' would deliberatly hinder/sabotage the efforts of Haringey to get promoted and make a quick return to the Premier Division. I just feel that something will happen between now and the end of the campaign to hinder their chances that's all, don't forget that 'Sugar's'
track record at the Club since taking over as Chairman in 2004 is abysmal, only being saved from relegation by 'the great' Kenny Dyer in 2004/2005, saved in 2005/2006 because Brache Sparta's ground didn't meet Premier Division criteria and finally being relegated last term. Okay they have hit the ground running in Division 1 but they were on the ropes at the end of our recent 2-2 draw at Coles Park and our players weren't overly impressed by them, the team revolves around 'the great' Mark Maher in midfield and he is very injury prone.

I refer my honourable friend to the reply I gave earlier...

What reply, if you're referring to the league table that means nothing after just nine games

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What reply, if you're referring to the league table that means nothing after just nine games

You reckon? A quarter of the season gone. It's starting to take real shape now, and "your" club look set at the top to me.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Rhodes - Why would Mr Achillea want his team NOT to get promoted?

You're putting words into my mouth again as I didn't suggest this at all, nor did I say 'Sugar' would deliberatly hinder/sabotage the efforts of Haringey to get promoted and make a quick return to the Premier Division. I just feel that something will happen between now and the end of the campaign to hinder their chances that's all, don't forget that 'Sugar's'
track record at the Club since taking over as Chairman in 2004 is abysmal, only being saved from relegation by 'the great' Kenny Dyer in 2004/2005, saved in 2005/2006 because Brache Sparta's ground didn't meet Premier Division criteria and finally being relegated last term. Okay they have hit the ground running in Division 1 but they were on the ropes at the end of our recent 2-2 draw at Coles Park and our players weren't overly impressed by them, the team revolves around 'the great' Mark Maher in midfield and he is very injury prone.

Im sorry Rhodes but seeing as you wasnt there you wouldnt know this to be true and seeing as i was there i recall seeing Your manager throw on subs in injury time trying to waste time, I also remember KTFC players running around hugging like it was the fa cup proper. So please dont say Haringey was on the ropes when you never witnessed the relief your side had of winning a point.

3praise - That's not what I heard and I got it from the horses mouth in the shape of Jonathan Donoghue who scored both our goals. He said that Haringey were a poor side and that 'it was just like a knife cutting through butter', I also understand that we missed a sitter in the last couple of minutes, with a player one on one with the Haringey keeper, which would have given us a much deserved victory.

True but I have it on good authority that even 'Sugar' admitted we were the better team afterwards and deserved to win

3praise - How come you don't come on anymore, ignore 'Sugar' and call his bluff like I did, he's all mouth and no trousers.

What do you make of this link, I've never come across it before:

http://medlibrary.org/medwiki/Haringey_Borough_F.C.

rhodes i have no such problem with aki as you did - because he knows and i know that what i speak is truth and fact! he only had a problem with you everytime you put your foot in your mouth.

i dont come on here as often as to be honest the same topics keep arising and the same old chat is commencing. if we could have a good interesting chat about matches and how teams think they will do in the next couple of months you may see me on here more

Originally Posted By: 3praise
i dont come on here as often as to be honest the same topics keep arising and the same old chat is commencing. if we could have a good interesting chat about matches and how teams think they will do in the next couple of months you may see me on here more

We can easily have such a conversation infact we have barely touched on the Kentish Town game at Coles Park and how you almost lost your unbeaten record, nevertheless that will go next Saturday. No the truth is that 'Sugar' has told you not to get involved and be drawn in like a moth to light and you have clung to his every word as usual. By the way see you on Saturday if you don't come on before that, we'll have the kettle on for when you arrive.

I'm sure it will be a process of elimination as was the case with Petethegreek last week, that's if he's not dragged to B&Q or IKEA by his other half

Hardly! Will you be looking for an old man, a young man, a woman, a black person, an asian person, a white person...

I get the impression 3praise is fairly young in his mid to late thirties but it's hard to tell as he is like an old woman at times, like I said if he manages to get a day pass from his other half on Saturday it will just be a process of elimination as he's clearly not a player

I get the impression 3praise is fairly young in his mid to late thirties but it's hard to tell as he is like an old woman at times, like I said if he manages to get a day pass from his other half on Saturday it will just be a process of elimination as he's clearly not a player

How do you get that impression of "him"?

Some of the terminology he uses is more suited to a younger person and he hasn't indicated that he plays, I doubt he could hit a barn door from two yards