Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Old Macdonald farmed out?

ray bellici

OK so he's in the twilight of his 'career', but he's still the worst player to ever don a Blues shirt, virtually everyone had an off day at East Thurrock on Tuesday but he shone out for me, no distribution, no pace, and i've never forgiven him for getting sent off at Havant when he lost his rag, it's Baa-Baa macdonald as far as i'm concerned , he should be consigned to the manure heap. [color:"blue"] [/color]

a bit harsh ray....i thought u meant he shone out as a result of his perma-tan..i didnt think he was any better or any worse than anyone else really on tuesday. i agree he s not the best player we ve ever had but i think you will find that when he is the team the defence as a whole is generally tighter. (cue simon statto). p.s. there will never be a worse player than the biafrid dwarf who played one game for us at the back end of last season.

Stats: Dave played in the first 6 games of the season during which time we conceded 2 goals. Since then he's been in and out of the team a bit, but in 10 starts, we've conceded a none-too-shabby 6 goals with him in the team. Obviously he's had a few sub appearances (Havant and Aylesbury spring to mind, but if I remember correctly the goals had already been scored in those games!

Stats can prove anything, of course, and part of the good record can be explained by the fact that when Dave played we played a back 4, not a 3.

Opinions:

I think it's entirely wrong to say he's the worst player to don the blue shirt - he's a solid defender who will do a good job for us in the right back role - I would not be surprised to see a back 4 of McDonald, Penn, Moore and Kerrigan on Saturday which is the back 4 that started the season so well for us. He's not the best right back around, if Ollie was fit I don't think he would be in the 1st XI but he's a useful player to have come in to the team and do the right back job.

Seems some correspondent's will need to find a new whipping boy now as Dave MacDonald has been released.

Have to agree mind with Steve Terry being the most ineffective player to have worn The Blue Shirt. I wonder if he’ll feature in our programme editors “forthcoming book”?

Tonight's echo also says that we will be without Wallo tomorrow as he's gone to be with his son who's had a major operation - best wishes to Wallo Jnr and Dad!

Wive McD leaving could mean chances for the two "forgotten men" - Rantala and Fewings to stake a claim. Would guess it's between Juho and Morris for one place in the team, and Fewings and Ansall for the other.

Fewings only played the first half against Dagenham. Ansell scored the goal. No sign of Douglas whereas Dagenham had most of their first team squad at the match after playing Plymouth the previous night.

Surely the worst ever Billericay Town player was Danny Snowsill. Not fit enough to play football and generally had no skill at all. The worst player this season was Mark Brennan, thank goodness he's gone to Canvey. Dave McDonald has been harshly criticised, he might not be that good, but there are worser players at Billericay.

Visit (www.billericaytownfc.20m.com)

I think you have to accept that the likes of Snowsill, Gilley, Morris aren't brought in to play major roles in the season - more to play in the reserves and cover for injuries etc.

The likes of Steve Terry (and I would also nominate Richard Dunwell from recent seasons) are brought in with the aim to play a first team role which makes their atrocious performances much more unacceptable.

I think to find some real stinkers you should look back at our div 1 days.......

I was informed by Nigel Harris on Saturday that he was Steve Walduck and not Gary Walduck. He was a keeper who joined us in pre-season about 10 years ago, it was the first year of the back pass rule. I remember in a pre-season game at Burham Ramblers he got a 30 yard up and under back pass, he back pedalled to try and stop but fell into the net along with the ball. I think he got injured in the next pre-season game at Basildon and never played again for us, which was a bit of luck. I also remember being the Supporters Club Memebership Secretary that season and at the first game of the season tried to get him to join but everytime I asked him he looked at me blankly and said 'but I play for the club'. I should of waited a couple of weeks when he was no longer playing for the club.

Some more players for the list Dean Wordsworth came to us on loan, then Crystal Palace paid money for him!! Simon Livett, who Southend signed from us. Julian Charles 1st and probably 2nd time round, who went to Hampton then Brentford. Paul Beresford (may of got his first name wrong), the keeper from Rothwell. Dominic I'm Awful, played 1 game then I think Southebd re-signed him. The Italian keeper, can't remember his name, but wore tracksuit bottoms, had a moth eaten beard and apparently was at Lazio while Gazza was there. Jody Loomes (I might need Nigel to comfirm the name), a winger who came from either Cambridge United or Norwich. Michael Cole (not sure on 1st name, again) who played up front.