Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Game

TonyM

Will have to wait for match reports re:Donovan.

Its the goalkeeping issue that really gets to me though, and again echo Pagestars thoughts.

It may be that JD had a good game .

At the same time, whilst i thought Louis Smith was a bit naive as a full back, and muchprefer Greg there, i do recall RT saying that Smith's best position will be centre half.

I can see that , and maybe Smith could slot in there nicely alongside PS next Saturday.Would give us a bit more mobility against Jo Main

(i reckon we may be without PS again on Tuesday, to ensure he is fit for saturday, when RT will be missing )

Just back from the game! Charlie at fault for at least two of the goals, yes. Defence was sloppy at times. First half we were just brilliant. Trottys goal well taken, Dannys two were just masterpieces, his second firing in from a tight angle to beat the keeper. Harrows keeper kept them in it - half time should have been about 5-1!!!

2nd half we started badly and conceded a goal then it just went downhill. Ref missed an obvious penalty when DH was pushed over in the area - but must admit this ref was 100 times better than last weeks. Eventually we earned a penalty somehow, Harrow no2 sent off as a result and Dannys hat-trick saved our blushes to a degree.

My observations....

As much as I like him, Charlie must go - SCS should be in. We heard from SCS that he's been fit for 2 weeks so why not play him???

Defence was missing Pat Sapp but Trotty had a good game. Greg Oates was not a well bunny and barely lasted the first half. Dean Standen came on and was full of running and looked promising.

Danny Hockton - once again an outstanding striker but captain? No, he's way too quiet and just did nothing to lift the team when we started to leak goals.

Overall, 1st Half performance was excellent, 2nd Half was complete pants!

6/10 must improve if we're going to go up.

Agree that there is little point in DH being captain.

Much too isolated as a striker.

SCS must play.

Frankly RT must take responsibility for Margate not securing three points today.

He picks the goalkeeper.

Its not as though it was a one-off

I said it last week & I'll say it again, Trotty's weak spot as gaffer is that he doesn't just pick the strongest team, he 'rewards ' players in his good books, 'punishes' those not.

SCS misses ETU away, he's on a holiday booked before fixture was rearranged. Chas gets the gloves & he'll keep that spot until he screws up big-time. He has a 'mare against ETU, fluffs a few spots against H&R but concedes none against ETU & is not at fault for goals conceded against H&R so he keeps the spot - madness!

Likewise Proths has a spat with Jay against Worthing so is dropped (rather than Abbo when McKimm returns) - stupid when everything points that Proths is in better form than Abbo.

And as i keep saying, i'm sure its not just being directly responsible for the goals that causes the problems .

I'm sure having CM in goal, unsettles/destabilises the whole defence similar to the way it unsettles the fans.

SCS also had to play in very bad conditions-wind and mud-against Folkestone,Ramsgate and Ashford and Worthing;but still did ok despite conditions that were awful -especially for a goalkeeper in the howling wind.

SCS must play.

Maybe if not voted already, we should vote for him as player of month regardless

Originally Posted By: Rob_Butler
Andy P said " I'm sure they will all be saying we should have been 5-1 up at half time"

Tony T said " half time should have been about 5-1!!!"

That's because we SHOULD have been! Only Harrows keeper kept them in it. He pulled off two magnificant saves. All that and his defence still slagged him off!!

As an aside, I read that Standen substituted for the injured/ill Greg Oates (interesting in itself that he was preferred in that position to Smith).

Always rated DS on the left or in midfield-how did he play on the right ?

Just so no-one gets it wrong - the substitutions were Louis Smith on for Greg Oates (Greg told us that he wasn't well) that was just at the end of the first half. Dean Standen came on for Paul Abbott about two-thirds the way through the second half.

He was full of running and pulled off a few good tackles. Played on the right as far as I could see.

I read it wrong by looks of it.

As long as we do not get anymore injuries,i'm sure in the likes of Standen,Smith and in particular,Protheroe;we can cope with the abscence of Skinner and McKimm.

Replacing RT in the centre of defence may be a bit of a challenge though.